Small prob with ESmods forum login

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Skittleshaman
GamingTools Subscriber

Small prob with ESmods forum login

Post by Skittleshaman » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:25 am

I subscribed today (EQwin is brilliant!)

But am unable to chase my interest in learning how to send commands from one session to another via Inner Space because I can't access ismods.com using my lavish login.

Do I just have to wait for the login/pass to propagate to another server for access to ismods?

And while I'm on the subject, I've read every post in THIS forum, as well as all the documentation for the latest (as of today) download of IS.

I'm mystified as to how to send a command from one instance to another. My desire is simple, I want from Account_01 to be able to hit a key, or type a command that will Press 1,2,3,4, etc through 0 on the hotkey pad of Account_02.

That's all I need. I only have one computer at the moment and even with the bindable hotkey switching, my 2nd account is difficult to run. I just need it to execute a command as if I had switched screens and pressed the number 1.

Am I asking for Unified Field Theory and too stupid to realize that's what I'm looking for? if so, Sorry! I'm not a programmer; I'm a game hobbiest.

At any rate EQwin has made my 2-boxing possible again since losing my main PC to lightning and I'm FOREVER in your debt... and currently, proudly, a paid subscriber and devotee of Lavishsoft.

Hooa,

Skit

Skittleshaman
GamingTools Subscriber

Found it

Post by Skittleshaman » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:00 am

You don't use your default account from here (the lavish boards.)

Create a new username that uses the same email address as your lavish account.

For future searches:

cant log ismods password unable get into wont let can't won't doesn't ismods.com forum forums

The above gibberish brought to you by: noobomatic. The sarch ingines werst enmy becuz speelin cowntz.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:17 pm

correct, ISMods simply requires that your email address matches and that you successfully validate the account via email -- you can use whatever name for the account you want. This is so nobody can impersonate you on the ISMods forums.

To send a command to another session:
Uplink Relay <name> <command>
Example:
Uplink Relay is1 press 1

You can also use a global bind in the session you want it to happen in:
GlobalBind MyBind alt+1 "press 1"
Then you can press alt+1 in ANY window (IM windows, on the desktop, in a browser, etc) and it will press 1 in the session the global bind is set on.

Skittleshaman
GamingTools Subscriber

Not working, do I need ISEQX?

Post by Skittleshaman » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:57 am

I can get the keys to bind, at least I can get them to show up with -list. And as an experiment, I changed the bindings for the foreground window. I successfully changed the instances to f5 and f6 and easily swapped between them after changing the global binding.

But after mapping the "cast" key to several combinations (f12 which I found out cant work) and then experimentally to alt+1 as you suggested, then ctrl+1, and finally just 1, the message seems not to be going through the relay. So I tried a direct command from one instance to the other:

Uplink Relay is2 press 1

and vice versa

Nothing happened.

Each instance is connecting to the uplink (I had each instance echo, at the command of the other instance) and the echoes showed up in the console.

ex:

In the shell of is1:

Uplink Relay is2 echo This is 1, calling two.

Result:

"This is 1, calling two" shows up in the console.

And the other way around.

However, direct execution commands like press and type do nothing at all as far as I can tell.

So, do I need ISEQX?

I downloaded the sdk, installed and attempteted to compile per the instructions, but there is no solution file in the version I downloaded. Thus, I can't build.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:39 pm

If "press" is not doing anything, it's most likely due to the game itself. For example, EQ2 ignores any keys pressed while it's not the foreground window. The fix is to go into the "Games and Profiles" window, and under the Window Settings for your game, turn on "Lock Foreground".

ISXEQ would help with what you want, as it provides an EQ-specific command to directly press a key in the game, and can even use the name of the bind that EQ uses internally, instead of having to do like "press a" to attack and have that be the wrong key. It is also independent of being the foreground window, so using the ISXEQ command would be infallible.

The sdk (ISXDK) only includes the already-built library file and other associated stuff (include files, etc). To compile ISXEQ, go to the MacroQuest2.com download page, download and extract the latest zip. There will be an "ISXEQ.sln" for you to use, whereas if you wanted to compile the standalone macroquest, you would use the macroquest2.sln. From there, it should be simple enough to follow the instructions here: http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 5986#85986

Let me know if you need more help