Teamspeak

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

Teamspeak

Post by brickmason » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:37 pm

I use ts when playing wow, there is also a program that is call teamspeak overlay problem it crash WoW is there a script or a way to fix this i know this isn't a IS problem but wounding if anyone had a fix

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:44 pm

I released a plugin the other day that works great and does basically the same thing as TSO. Unfortunately any crash problems with TSO really has to be fixed by them, their program is also not compatible with things like XFire and FRAPS, which IS should currently have no problem with.

Head over to http://www.ismods.com and get ISXTeamSpeak and the TeamSpeakHUD script. Let me know if you need help getting started with them beyond what is described on the forums

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

teamspeak

Post by brickmason » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:13 pm

i dl both files and read in the forum for the life of me i can get it to run,
problem is i know nothing about scripting. seem very hard anyway to explain it to a dummy :)

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

teamspeak

Post by brickmason » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:15 pm

i dl both files and read in the forum for the life of me i can't get it to run,
problem is i know nothing about scripting. seem very hard anyway to explain it to a dummy :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:22 pm

You dont really have to know anything at all about scripting. Here's what you do:

1. Download ISXTeamSpeak
2. Extract ISXTeamSpeak.dll to InnerSpace\Extensions
3. Download TeamSpeakHUD
4. Extract TeamSpeakHUD.iss and Colors.iss to InnerSpace\Scripts
5. Run Inner Space
6. Hit ` *in the game* to bring up the Inner Space console (not the console from the system tray menu)
7. Load the extension by typing "ext ISXTeamSpeak"
8. Run the script by typing "run teamspeakhud"
9. Close the console by hitting `
10. That's all, you should see it in the upper left

If you want to customize the position of the HUD, open up TeamSpeak.iss in NOTEPAD and find where it says #define TOP and #define LEFT, up at the top of the file. Directly after each is a number, 20 by default. To move the TeamSpeak HUD lower, set the TOP to a higher number. To move it to the right, set the LEFT to a higher number. Then save TeamSpeak.iss. For these changes to take effect, you must restart the script. To do so, you must enter the command "endscript teamspeakhud" to end the script, and then re-enter the run command from the above steps.

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

teamspeak

Post by brickmason » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:55 pm

don't know what you mean by hit in the game sorry

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:59 pm

As in, you are playing the game, WoW for example. Say you're sitting there waiting at the main menu, or at the character screen, or sitting around in the game at the bank or whatnot. Press the ` key, and it brings up the in-game console, which is overlaid at the top of the screen, a big blue box with white borders and white text, which you can type commands in.

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by brickmason » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:24 pm

finially got it ty for all the help

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by brickmason » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:29 pm

now i notice i got to run that command evertime i start the game right?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Yes that is correct. However, you can set up a "command file" -- a file that just contains commands you dont want to type each time. For example, the above commands

Code: Select all

ext isxteamspeak
run teamspeakhud
You have two choices if you want to use a command file:
1. A file that will automatically run
or
2. A file that you run using the "ExecuteFile" command
Either is perfectly acceptable.

If you want it run automatically: create a file called "AutoExec.ice" in your Inner Space folder (it could also go in the Scripts folder, if you prefer. either will be found and used, just not both if it's in two places). Put all the commands in it that you dont want to type each time.

If you dont want it to run automatically: just make any file ending in ".ice", again in either the main folder, or the Scripts folder. Then you would just do the command "ExecuteFile <name>" and it would do all of the commands found in the file.

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by brickmason » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:51 pm

got it runnnig the way i want now ty for all the help maybe i'll catch on to this and not half to bother you so much sorry for being a pain

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:03 pm

Dont apologize, it is my job to make sure you are able to do whatever you want to do :) Please feel free to ask any questions, regardless of how dumb you think it is. If I'm at the computer I will respond to any post within 10 minutes (I use the RSS feed to keep up with everything that goes on), and I do respond to nearly every post