Game Specific Startup Scripts

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

fippy
GamingTools Subscriber

Game Specific Startup Scripts

Post by fippy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:48 am

When I start WoW I want to set start isxwow and set up a few binds. Is there a way I can automatically run a script when a particular game starts up ??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:35 pm

Yes indeed, right click on the tray icon and select "Games", then on World of Warcraft, General you can set the PreInit, AutoExec, or OnStartup option to do whatever you'd like. For setting binds and such I would recommend setting the AutoExec setting to something like "WoW-AutoExec.ice", and then make a file called WoW-AutoExec.ice and add all the commands you want to it

fippy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by fippy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:13 pm

OK is there way of telling when my character has logged on so I can set up some HUD elements. If I do it as described above I get a CTD. I guess this is beacause the ISXWOW plugin is trying to get some data that doesnt exist yet.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:54 pm

By design it should be impossible to crash simply by adding to a HUD or running a script. I would report the problem with ISXWoW on ISMods so that specific issue can be fixed (make sure to post exactly what you were trying to put on the HUD so someone can fix it for you). As far as knowing if your character has logged on, that would be impossible for IS itself to know, and needs to be part of the game-specific extension (in this case, ISXWoW)

fippy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by fippy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:17 am

Hmm seems to be ok now. Only thing I have done since is a hard reboot. I was also getting an error about no keyboard when I was trying to use the press command (Console key worked ok though) but thats cleared up too.

Strange.

fippy
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by fippy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:01 am

OK managed to replicate the "No active keyboard!" error. If I switch from fullscreen to windowed mode within WoW and then switch back I start getting that error.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:55 am

I'll get that fixed. :)