Help request: WoW fullscreen on 2nd display

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

signal0
GamingTools Subscriber

Help request: WoW fullscreen on 2nd display

Post by signal0 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:28 pm

I'm sorry to be a pest, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to configure IS so that my WoW game displays using fullscreen emulation on my second monitor. Also, because I'm sure you can answer this question, I will ask my next one: how would I release my mouse from my WoW session to my first display?

Thanks in advance.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:44 pm

With a fresh install, it's incredibly simple. With a slightly older install, it doesnt work quite right. Uninstall and reinstall Inner Space (or delete Scripts\PreInit.ISS, Scripts\AutoExec.ISS, and Games.XML and restart Inner Space). Then make sure to set your preferred adapter in your IS profile for WoW, and Shift+Alt+F will use full screen emulation on the correct adapter.

As far as mouse release, you wont have to bother with it with WoW. WoW doesn't "capture" the mouse like EQ1 does :) All you have to do is slide the mouse over. If you DO want it to "capture" the mouse, or at least feel like it, then you can use the "ClipMouse" command, where the "DIMouse" command is used for the EQ sessions in PreInit.ISS.

signal0
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by signal0 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:52 pm

Lax wrote:Then make sure to set your preferred adapter in your IS profile for WoW
I assume this might be done in the profiles xml file, but I don't see any documentation as to how to accomplish it. Thanks again for your help.

signal0
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by signal0 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:58 pm

OK, sorry for the last post. I found the setting and now it is displaying on the correct screen, but I still have to hit the windows key to minimize the game so that I can move my mouse onto my other desktop. Is there a way to leave WoW visible and use the mouse in a program on the other screen?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:02 pm

As I was saying, WoW doesnt lock the mouse.. you should be able to just move it over. If it IS locking the mouse, this could be due to using WoW's real full screen mode rather than emulation? From what I've seen it hasnt locked the mouse at all.

signal0
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by signal0 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:10 pm

I've now tried it with Force Window set to both off and on. When off, WoW opens in the correct display and the mouse is locked to that display. When force window is set to on, WoW starts in a window on the correct screen, but the mouse is locked to the window and cannot move out of it. I have tried deleting IS and reinstalling with no avail.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:13 pm

Huh. Okay, I'll take a peek at it. Force Window should be off with WoW, and WoW itself should be set in windowed mode inside the game. Try it like that, and if it doesnt work as I described it should, then I'll see whats going on :)

signal0
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by signal0 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:17 pm

Lax wrote:WoW itself should be set in windowed mode inside the game
That's the piece of the puzzle that I was missing. It does seem obvious now that I'm looking back at it. I apologize for taking up your time. Thank you for your assistance and making such a great product.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:22 pm

Perfect. Don't apologize, that's what I'm here for and I like what I do :) Have fun!