Compile error with ISXInterface

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jabon
Non-Subscriber

Compile error with ISXInterface

Post by jabon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:14 am

In ISXInterface.h the following line is giving me a compile error, and it looks funky to me but I lack a broad enough understanding of the SDK to try and fix it.
virtual bool Initialize(ISInterface *pISInterface)=0;
The error is: syntax error:identifier 'ISInterface'

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:19 am

You seem to be including something other than isxdk.h. Just #include <isxdk.h> and the rest is done for you. You should also grab mkisx, which creates the basic extension for you. It will be included in the next ISXDK release, but is currently a download on ismods

jabon
Non-Subscriber

Post by jabon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:29 am

I kinda figured the problem would lie there since I so quickly glanced over it. Referring to the file as <isxdk.h> doesn't find it, but "isxdk.h" does, after copying everything to the working directory. I didn't think this would be such a big deal, though, since everything is there.

jabon
Non-Subscriber

Post by jabon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:31 am

Also, I'm working on the ISXEQ plugin, just so you know the basic structure is obviously there already.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:41 am

Ok. All you need to do is install ISXDK, and add the include and library directory to visual studio. I need to make a tutorial on how to do this ;)

If you're using VS.Net, go into Tools->Options, click Projects->VC++ Directories in the list of categories on the left. Then in the upper right, select Include files, and add the path to ISXDK\include to the list of paths. Then, select Library files in the upper right, and add the path to ISXDK\lib to the list of paths. ISXEQ will then compile with no modifications (unless it's from today's zip, which is updated for ISXDK v8a, which is not available until tomorrow), and without copying anything.

jabon
Non-Subscriber

Post by jabon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:09 am

I give up, the complexity of the file layout and the annoying fact that C++ compiles things in strict order has made it impossible for me to trace the continueing errors. I keep coming back to ISXEQ.h spitting out errors like " error C2065: 'MAX_STRING' : undeclared identifier" which is decalred in MQ2Main.h *after* isxeq.h is included there. I was trying to convert the Map plugin stuff to work within IS, but I just couldn't figure it out and will cross my fingers for new/better documentation or someone else doing the grunt work.

Edge
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Edge » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:10 am