Point in direction

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

bob_the_builder
GamingTools Subscriber

Point in direction

Post by bob_the_builder » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:33 pm

Use WoW, just want a genral point in the first direction.

How would I make it use full screen instead of the "apparent" windowed mode using the top window bar which I want to remove.

Just want a general idea of how to use a "command" in the Console Window.

Bob

bob_the_builder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by bob_the_builder » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:10 pm

Guess im just not understanding. I used WoW Video Options to remove the WIndow Mode but cant go between monitors (I use two monitors).

So I tried ALT TAB and crashed hard...

Is IS able to make WoW go full screen / window mode pr is it only done with the wow video options?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:50 pm

IS by default lets the game control the window behavior. It takes over if the "Force Window" option is on, but other than that, the game itself controls whether it is full screen or windowed. You can get the same effect as with WinEQ's "Full Screen Emulated" preset (or "mode" in 1.38) by putting WoW in windowed mode inside the game, and then hitting SHIFT+ALT+F, just like the default in WinEQ.

This hard crash, was that indicating a blue screen/reboot or the game itself crashing (people use the term both ways)? I'm assuming BSOD, which I'm not sure why that would happen and generally I cant make you bsod ;) Did you drag the window to the second monitor or? Now that you mention dual monitors, I dont see a display selection setting in IS profiles, I'll have to add that for next version.

At any rate, if the game isn't built for dual monitors it can only be run on the primary display unless an app like WinEQ or IS allows the secondary display. WinEQ of course supports it in all games, but apparently I left the option out of IS until now ;)

As far as entering commands, you can just hit ` and type in "WindowSize -fullscreen", and the window will be sized appropriately to fill your screen. You can get certain information about the display by typing "DisplayInfo". You can shorten the commands as much as you'd like, and the next command alphabetically from what you typed will be used.. e.g. "Dis" will do "DisplayInfo" unless one that would come between "Dis" and "DisplayInfo" in a dictionary exists. DisplayInfo will tell you your desktop resolution, game resolution, actual size of the viewable area of the window, the scale of the window and the amount of distortion (in other words, in games that dont resize their display to the size of your window such as EQ1, but instead allow DirectX to scale to the size of the window, the distortion is the difference between the height ratio and the width ratio i.e. being "scrunched" one way or the other). The commands arent really much different than say, MQ2 commands, aside from being entered in the console rather than a chat window, and not prefixing with / :)

bob_the_builder
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by bob_the_builder » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:10 pm

Perfect point in the direction.

Thanks for your time.

As for the crash, was a wow.exe crash, not windows. was just alt-tab but I will review what you wrote about commands.

Again, thanks for the direction. I just needed a little finger pointing I guess )

bob