Some issues with WoW and IS

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Some issues with WoW and IS

Post by Aanya » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:10 pm

Im not sure if im the only one with this problem, but whenever i run IS along with World of Warcraft, i cannot use WASD to move more than around 4 paces, and the same happens with arrow keys. After i move my 4 paces the screen freezes until i release the key in question. At that point the game unlocks and i can move another 4 paces.

This does not happen if i use the mouse to move, nor does it happen with autorun.

I've tried this both with and without ISXWoW loaded so for some reason this happens in Inner Space itself.

Found it a bit odd so im reporting in :) Maybe it's been covered somewhere too, in which case i'll be looking like a fool for even bringing it up, but oh well i'll take my chances :)

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:22 pm

k did a IS reinstall and now its working nicely.. strange stuff

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:42 pm

Nope... spoke in haste. It worked nice for a little while after the reinstall, but now its fux0red again.

What i did after reinstall:

Created a script like this

Code: Select all

function main()
{
	wowpress TARGETNEARESTENEMY
	face ${Target.X} ${Target.Y}
}
Nothing fancy... Then i bound it to my F12 key like this

bind Target F12 runscript target.iss
And about 10 minutes after i did that, its locking up again.. :shock:

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:01 pm

Ok so i found what caused it.. wish i could edit above posts :)

Anyways. Holding down the combination A and W (or W and D, S and D, S and A) at the same time as holding down the right mousebutton, and then running like this sorta sideways / forward while looking in another direction than the one you run in, causes IS to lag out and lock up the movement keys, at least on my PC :)

Done posting now, carry on.. hehe

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:58 pm

Odd.

I play WoW with IS, and have not experienced anything like this. I move with keyboard+mouse all day long while playing (yes including holding right mouse for mouselook, moving forward and strafing at the same time ;) ). I really have no idea what would cause it to freeze, but I'll see what I can drum up.

Also, for such a simple target hotkey, you can skip making the script and just do this:

noparse bind Target F12 "wowpress TARGETNEARESTENEMY;face ${Target.X} ${Target.Y}"
noparse stops the ${} from being parsed immediately so they get parsed when you press the hotkey. " around the actual command makes sure that it is processed as a single parameter, rather than being split potentially into multiple commands, or expanding/pipelining/etc. The ; is a command splitter. Thus, when F12 is pressed it will execute the two lines exactly as you have them in the script :)

And finally.. post editing is disabled because I don't read old posts unless I have reason to, and people expect their message to be read. If I read the post before the edit, I might not ever know it was edited... so ... disabled ;)

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:16 pm

If it helps, jumping just as the game starts to lag causes it to unlock again, until the next time i try to mouselook strafe. Then i've got to repeat the jump to continue moving :)

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:02 pm

Changing keyboard / mouse input from Win32I to DirectInput8 solves the lag, but after doing so im also unable to open the console which I suppose is because Inner Space loses control of the input, since it is actually win32i but Inner Space tries to find DirectInput8 keystrokes when it is in that modus, and thus is unable to interpret the "Open console" command.

Not sure if this is only my PC thats acting up, but the lockups is due to WoW.exe stealing 100% processor power after a few minutes of moving sideways / mouselooking, every time i try to move after that, WoW.exe jumps to 100% processor usage. Thats why i get 4 or 5 steps before it locks up, it takes that long before it's consuming all my processor power (but as i said in an earlier post, jumping brings the processor usage down again to normal levels, until i stop and start moving again).

If i run WoW without IS, this does not happen (obviously, since taking control of the keyboard input from IS prevents the lockups).

A clean reinstall of Inner Space also resolves the issue until the next time i mouselook / strafe excessively, but once that's done, its permanently fux0red. I can restart (IS, WoW, My machine.. everything restarted) and the moment im into the game, processor usage goes into the roof when i start moving. An IS reinstall fixes it for a short time.

Well thats all i got on the issue, so i hope it helps ya find out whats up Lax. :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:23 pm

I really wish I could determine the problem, unfortunately since it doesnt happen to me it's not easy.

Does this problem also exist when you run WinEQ 2.0?

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:15 pm

No WinEQ 2.0 does not appear to have the same issue.

Aanya
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aanya » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:01 pm

I think you changed something, cause the problem is gone.

Thx Lax :)