WOW!!

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Roamin_Hands
Non-Subscriber

WOW!!

Post by Roamin_Hands » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:25 am

The IS performance is what I expected long ago. With EQ1 I could 3 box, depending on the zone.

When 2.0 came out I was broke...I could not 2 box even to just to rez myself. I was so frustrated; any time I entered a common zone with a bot my fps would drop to 0! If I camped either one, it worked fine again. I tried drivers, etc but nothing worked.

In the meantime I found MQ2 and feel in love...the fun was back. Now the real power of boxing was becoming more apparent. I was about to reloade the OS (MSW 2003 Ent. Server) to get the boxes working again. But reviewing the sites first, I saw IS. Figuring, what-the-heck, I have nothing to lose - I loaded it. INNER SPACE is GREAT!! I logged back into the zone I could not move in just 30 min before and was getting 56 FPS on BOTH characters!! I added all the graphics back just to see where IS would come to its knees, and it never happened! Still above 50 FPS!

So I come back to read up on some details that were not in the documentation yet. See what others have found and I am hearing I can not use MQ2?!?! Say its not so! The delima...what do I give up, some custom offsets and great plugins/macs or boxing? *Sigh*

I was boxing before EQ now IS with a different free source. I get the closest to both worlds by going back to it now? Say it isn't so....

Roamin_Hands
Non-Subscriber

Oh yea..

Post by Roamin_Hands » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:34 am

What I originally came here for....how do you switch windows, setup display configurations, make the active session fill the screen with in active ones in pip windows? Alias F1 F2? I see how you can make it so you dont have to switch by just issuing sessions commands insteads...but is there a way?

Roamin_Hands
Non-Subscriber

What are they talking about?

Post by Roamin_Hands » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:42 am

I just loaded the MQ2-20050127 and it seems to run my macs just fine! Ok, what am I missing here? Moveutils works, RH, etc...hmmmm I'm confused. Back to reading the boartd...but its 6am and I have been reading playing with this all night. Start again tomorrow after some sleep. How do you switch sessions without having to shft-alt-r ?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:11 am

You can set up hotkeys via the "bind" command, which takes
1) A name, 2) a key, 3) a command.

Example:
bind "My Bind" Shift+alt+n "Command(s) to execute"

For most WinEQ functionality, you can check this thread: http://www.ismods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=44#44
That post shows how to set up global activation hotkeys and normal/fullscreen/tiny, and mouse release via scroll lock. Doing next/previous session might be a little more difficult .. actually nobody had asked about that so I didn't think about it ;) I can put an actual command in that can be used reliably. Until then you have the option of global activation keys.

Roamin_Hands
Non-Subscriber

Bummer

Post by Roamin_Hands » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:11 am

Ok...I followed your link. I modified IS, added some binds...everything is happy and pretty. Life is wonderful and gaming is great...THEN EQ patch...I have waited a couple days...keeping fingers crossed. IS and MQ are no longer playing together. Tell me what I can do to help ? Comon...one wihout the other is seriously hurting...the rain is falling again..its muddy and miserable out...help? I may not be patient enough...just thinking I might be able to try assisting somewhere.

Roamin_Hands
Non-Subscriber

sigh

Post by Roamin_Hands » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:31 am

Found the answer but I cant edit this previous post. Never mind...these are not the droids you were looking for. Carry on. I was looking in the wrong site for the answer. I know better now.