Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:18 pm

Sure, if you want.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:01 pm

I'll explain it better ;)

WinEQ and WinEQ 2.0 provide hotkeys for "window modes" (1) and "wineq presets" (2). The problem with presets is they're only so configurable. If you want to have a hotkey to change the size of the window, but not its position, you just cant do it with either version of WinEQ. However, it is possible with Inner Space, because it separates every action into discrete "commands". It might be hard to grasp at first, but will be old hat to anyone familiar with command shells (DOS, Linux, etc). By entering "windowsize -fullscreen" in the console, the window is resized so that the viewable area is the same as your desktop resolution, BUT is not moved! Similarly, "windowsize 1280x1024" will change the window size to 1280x1024, and "windowsize -viewable 1280x1024" will change the window size so that the viewable area is 1280x1024 (the first one will set the size of the actual window including borders, title bar, etc).

Here's my "autoexec.ice" that I use. You can do it too, just make a new file in the Inner Space folder called autoexec.ice, and paste this in.

Code: Select all

alias normalsize WindowScale 100
alias tinysize WindowScale 20
alias normalposition WindowPos -viewable 0,0
alias tinyposition WindowPos 10,10
alias fullscreenmouse 
alias normalmouse 
alias tinymouse 

alias fullscreen "WindowSize -fullscreen;WindowPosition -viewable 0,0;fullscreenmouse"
alias normal "normalsize;normalposition;normalmouse"
alias tiny "tinysize;tinyposition;tinymouse" 

bind fullscreenkey shift+alt+f fullscreen
bind normalkey shift+alt+n normal
bind tinykey shift+alt+t tiny 
As you can see, this is split into 3 basic parts....
1. the top section makes "aliases" that define what commands to execute to achieve specific results. WindowScale is really only used for EQ1, you would want to use WindowSize -viewable 1280x1024 or whatever instead of WindowScale 100 for "normalsize", and you could do the same to pick a resolution for tiny. The "position" aliases can be empty if you dont want to move the window when using these hotkeys.. The "mouse" aliases might release or re-capture the mouse (mostly useful for EQ1)
2. the mid section makes aliases that say what the hotkeys should actually do. For example, the "normal" alias says to use normal size, normal position, and normal mouse.
3. the bottom section makes the actual hotkeys, using shift+alt+f, shift+alt+n, and shift+alt+t

For many people this would be confusing to do from scratch, however as I've supplied it for you based on Gamer1111's original post, you should have a fairly easy time changing it to do what you want. Feel free to ask any questions.

brickmason
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by brickmason » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:15 pm

made file autoexec.ice copy the script into it but nothing happens when using hotkeys to resize window ..... im using it in DAOC with it running in full screen , any help what em i doing wrong

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:44 pm

You may not be doing anything wrong at all. I'm checking it with DAOC right now and recalling the pains of working with DAOC :) It appears as though I need to do some extra handling for games like DAOC. One issue you will run into even if it does resize the window is DAOC's mouse handling will not coincide with the cursor displayed on the screen.

The problem with not resizing is that DAOC appears to put the window size *back* to what it was after Inner Space changes it -- and Inner Space is not generally designed to prevent the app from doing so. So, I will add an option to stop DAOC from resizing the window on its own like WinEQ does.