A few question's ?

Discussion of Inner Space

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

toptek
Non-Subscriber

A few question's ?

Post by toptek » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:22 pm

When will inner be out of beta so i no wht i have learn ? .

AND will other 's that only play the games amd want to use it get any hot keys setup for them .

After all there are a few that just play dont learn a thing . I will only because i want to .

And I have been to the furm for inner , to me there isn't much there for the playter that just wants to play.

IS is real nice form wht I've all ready learned.

And i have waited till now ,to say anything and will wait a liitle longer if need be till it is the real thing and not beta.

Just wonder if anything will done for those that are not that good at programing or scirting .

as for me i can learn wht i have to.

ill asking because now my three that just runin in wow are gettting to were i want them .

and i will want sone automation , on wht WOW allows heal bots etc .

i DO have a few nice addons i got off the wow site.but when i start 5 boxing i will need some kind way of using the addons . boxing .

PLease be so kind as to reply.

Later

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:03 pm

IS will remain in Beta for another month at least, I would say.

I'm going over some ideas as far as "Ease of use" for first timers, which will probably involve setting them up some WinEQ-like hotkeys and a short tutorial on the most basic features. The user that just wants to play can just play, but if he wants to have a new feature he might have to read a post to figure out how to use it. It doesn't necessarily involve learning a new skill, it may be more of a lesson on installing a script or setting up a custom setting, or type in in a console command. The automated startup portions of Inner Space can keep the learning curve rather low, since they can just copy/paste something once and have it work the same way until they decide they dont want it anymore.

Because Inner Space is young right now, it is more of a playground for programmers, aside from being able to use it like WinEQ. What I mean to say is, programmers will develop things that users will use. The Thottbot extension, for example, is something that with a little more work can be very exciting for users. It's beneficial to see search results without leaving the context of the game, and you have mouse control the entire time. And this is something that nobody really has to learn besides the people that want to develop it. A user would just open the console and type in the thottbot search like thottbot "copper bar" and ideally they would get a nice list of the results.

Scripting will also not be necessary for the average user. Some people can develop the functionality and share it on ISMods for everyone else to use. It's not really much different from MacroQuest in that respect, and in fact IS is based largely on MacroQuest. Basic usage of MacroQuest is somewhat simple because programmers have developed functionality, and scripters have developed scripts.

Most players don't want that level of automation (and/or are afraid to), so .ice files will probably be more common. These files are just a list of commands they want to execute, such as setting stuff up at startup, and are no more difficult than learning to use each command in the console.

To summarize.. the timeline for IS leaving beta isn't certain, but it is not likely to be in the next month, and Inner Space is mostly complete as far as actual features. For ease of use, I plan to have some sort of tutorial built into the program and will have something to install WinEQ-style hotkeys if the user would like.

Also, most additions and changes to Inner Space from this point on (and Fury for that matter) are going to be a direct result of feedback received from the people that try it, the people who develop for it, etc.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

Thanks

Post by toptek » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:44 am

:))

Later