Everquest Wineq 2.0 Profile Limit

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

cathan27khaless
Non-Subscriber

Everquest Wineq 2.0 Profile Limit

Post by cathan27khaless » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 pm

I am a subscriber to Wineq2.0. I play Everquest on an emulator server that allows multiboxing with macroquest2. I am working on setting up mq2autologin to... automatically log my box crew in.

I play 36 characters on EQtitan and the mq2autologin plugin uses wineq2.0 profiles to log characters in. There is a max of 30 profiles built into wineq2.0.

Is it possible the max number of profiles could be increased please? I have 1 friend on my server that boxes 42 and another friend that boxes 54 if it's possible to raise the capacity to 54 or more. I personally would be happy with 36 but more would be great.

Thank you.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 am

I'm pretty loathe to make unnecessary changes to WinEQ 2 at this point, as new WinEQ 2 builds end up breaking things for people who have been using it for a long time.

The fact that an EQ1 hack uses WinEQ 2 profiles for something doesn't really change things here, actually I would recommend changing your EQ1 hack as it is simpler and will not unnecessarily affect the rest of my customer base. I don't support private servers nor hacks...

Sorry this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but I don't think this is an appropriate change to make at this time.

If you look into subscribing again in the future I do highly recommend ISBoxer, assuming the version of EQ1 you're using is new enough to work with it (noting that EQMac's version is too old). There is no arbitrary "profile limit" built into ISBoxer

cathan27khaless
Non-Subscriber

Post by cathan27khaless » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:50 am

I AM a current subscriber but I won't be for long. Your response is evidence you're obviously an asshole.

I play on an emulator server. Autologin is no "hack".

I used isboxer but it's too resource intensive and I don't like several things about it. It's not customizable enough in several ways and it lagged my machine. I can run 36 characters on this machine but I can't run 18 with isboxer? That's something with your software.

I think I found a way around using wineq 2.0 and with mq2fps there's no point in using any of your software anymore.

For a guy that started out writing an eq "hack" himself you sure are jaded against 3rd party programs. I hope you treat all your customers this way.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 am

MacroQuest 2 is an EverQuest hack. There is no other way to describe it. I don't support hacks at lavishsoft.com. This is completely unrelated to whether or not I worked on a hack project before launching Lavish Software. Lavish Software does not support nor condone the use of hacks, nor the use of private/emulated servers, and our products are allowed for use in major MMOs including EverQuest (hacks and private/emulated servers are not).

There's no reason why you can't run as many with ISBoxer as with WinEQ 2. You haven't come asking for help with ISBoxer so I can't comment on why you might be having trouble with it. However, from your post, it sounds like your issue is related to not using EQPlayNice or MQ2FPS rather than anything related to WinEQ 2 or ISBoxer. (Noting that EQPN is distributed with WinEQ 2 but not with ISBoxer.)

If you are a current subscriber, then it's not on the account you're posting with, which is not a current subscriber. My response is not related to whether or not you are a paying customer.

Sincerely,
asshole