Cannot get EqWin2 to Patch, Win 7 x32

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

ehall20
Non-Subscriber

Cannot get EqWin2 to Patch, Win 7 x32

Post by ehall20 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello. I just downloaded WinEQ and installed it. I can't get it to update the patcher. It gets to 88% and then freezes for quite a while. After that fails and gives me error code -100, it says that I can continue to use the program. Sometimes it goes to error code -114 and shuts down all together, and other times it stays in the icon tray. When I click on the icon tray and go to options and then preferences, it only says general WinEQ settings. And only three settings at that. I've uninstalled both my antivirus and my adware detector. Still nothing. I would post the sysinfo.txt but that file doesn't exist in my directory. I'll give you any information you need, as long as its there lol. Btw I'm running XP SP3, and was going to be playing Everquest 1. Not that I ever got the chance to do so.
I am having a very similar problem. I have tried running the program as an administrator and have also tried every compatability setting. Sometimes it will get farther than it did with the patch, but it always ends up freezing up in the end. Thank you for any help.

ehall20
Non-Subscriber

Post by ehall20 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Please disregard, I tried it on a different internet connection and it ended up working.