Lite Versus Pro ?

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

bkieft80
Non-Subscriber

Lite Versus Pro ?

Post by bkieft80 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Ok so I just wanted a breakdown of exactly which features the Lite has versus the pro and why I would want to upgrade to pro.

Here is the text from the Site.

WinEQ 2 comes with EQPlayNice for use with EverQuest, and has its own CPU or FPS limiting functionality for the other games (Gaming Tools Pro subscribers only), so that you can enjoy the full power of your computer while gaming.

So with Lite I'm not using the full power of my computer while I'm gaming? What exactly does this mean, and how much of a performance hit am I taking by using lite versus pro?

Lite features include forcing the game into windowed mode, session-switching hotkeys (two-way cycling and global activation), custom window titles, custom eqclient.ini and eqlsPlayerdata.ini for EQ1, automatic CPU round-robin (improving overall performance on PCs with multiple CPU cores) and more.

Pro features include custom window presets (such as Full Screen Emulation and Tiny), Picture-in-Picture, window tiling, video capture, window resizing, dual monitor support and more!

Detailed list of all features please?

Thanks!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 pm

If you want detailed information you should venture beyond the initial page describing the product ;)

WinEQ 2 is a bit of a legacy product, it is available mainly because some people have been using it for years.

If you're new to WinEQ 2 and wondering about the paid feature set, I would highly recommend looking at ISBoxer instead. All of the software (WinEQ 2, EQPlayNice, Inner Space + ISBoxer) is included in the same subscription, and ISBoxer is WinEQ 2 and more.

At any rate, the detailed feature list is in both the WinEQ 2 manual that comes with WinEQ 2, and the online manual/wiki (http://lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/WinEQ_2). Assuming you want EverQuest features: http://lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/WinEQ2:Everquest
WinEQ 2 comes with EQPlayNice for use with EverQuest, and has its own CPU or FPS limiting functionality for the other games (Gaming Tools Pro subscribers only), so that you can enjoy the full power of your computer while gaming.

So with Lite I'm not using the full power of my computer while I'm gaming? What exactly does this mean, and how much of a performance hit am I taking by using lite versus pro?
When EQPlayNice (see http://lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/EQPlayNice for detailed information) first came out, EverQuest -- and most other games at the time -- did not have a FPS limit option, and the game would use 100% of the CPU to run one instance. (And we only had one CPU core...)

EQPlayNice introduced FPS limiting and CPU limiting to the game, as well as Rendering Limiting which is only available in Pro. Rendering Limiting drastically reduces the strain on your GPU by having the game NOT render the game world most of the time when the game is in the background. The game's UI still renders.

This frees up your computer's CPU and GPU time for use in other programs, like more instances of the game, your browser, etc.

At the cost, of course, of those game instances looking different than you might expect while this is happening.