Crash on EQ2 launch

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

enneract
GamingTools Subscriber

Crash on EQ2 launch

Post by enneract » Tue May 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Getting a crash on launching EQ2 through wineq2. Win7 Pro x86, Intel gma x4500 mhd.

Interestingly, this is also the error EQ2 throws when trying to launch it in WINE running Ubuntu 10.04

Any ideas?

enneract
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by enneract » Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Sorry if I missed an edit option, but I don't see it.

Further investigation indicates that this is an issue with launching the game directly in general, not wineq2, so, disregard this post.

Verdell
Non-Subscriber

Post by Verdell » Sun May 30, 2010 3:08 pm

So is there no way to use Wineq2 with Everquest 2 anymore? I'm trying to work around this same issue but no success.

Wineq2 does not seem to support Everquest 2 anymore... if you try to run the EQ2 patcher via Wineq2 it doesn't even look for the correct file anymore (eq2.exe versus launchpad.exe.)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun May 30, 2010 3:24 pm

I keep getting told by various sources that it still works fine to launch it without the patcher. Go into your WinEQ 2 profile for EQ2 and set Patch to OFF? Then just run the patcher separately when needed.

I will look into switching WinEQ 2 to use the launchpad.

If you are using the streaming EQ2 client, you will need to install the full client instead. Here's a trip from another EQ2 player:
the everquest2.exe that is crashing for them is the streaming client, and to fix that point them at http://launcher.station.sony.com and have them install that and patch fully

Verdell
Non-Subscriber

Post by Verdell » Sun May 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Lax wrote: If you are using the streaming EQ2 client, you will need to install the full client instead. Here's a trip from another EQ2 player:
the everquest2.exe that is crashing for them is the streaming client, and to fix that point them at http://launcher.station.sony.com and have them install that and patch fully
Ahhh this may be the issue, I am indeed using the streaming client. Will install the proper version and check back.

Verdell
Non-Subscriber

Post by Verdell » Mon May 31, 2010 11:58 am

Yes, downloading the non-streaming eq2 client fixed the problem, thanks!

Xylifrost
Non-Subscriber

Crash on EQ2 launch

Post by Xylifrost » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:16 pm

can anyone help - the first time I run the game, steam becomes non responsive, then i relaunch steam and launch the game again and it works fine occasionally errors out on save but not a big issue. this didnt happen once it consistently happenssecond time it works every time, game works but is a hassle spending 2 minutes getting it to launch. any advice? i am on vista.