A couple of questions, before I purchase a subscription

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

AbyssKEQ
GamingTools Subscriber

A couple of questions, before I purchase a subscription

Post by AbyssKEQ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 am

As the title states, I just have a couple of quick questions.

Is the "pip" option in EverQuest, working for wineq2 as of today? And how is the functionality of Windows 7 32bit with it? I have seen some posts here stating there are a couple of issues, but thats with the 64 bit version so I am unsure. Basically would I be able to use all the features of wineq2 in EverQuest with windows 7 32 mainly pip?

Lastly is there any options in wineq2 that is disabled for everquest, but enabled for World of Warcraft?

Thanks for your time, and help

AbyssKEQ
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by AbyssKEQ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 am

Sorry, I have one more question. Is there a return policy on a subscription? As in if I am not satisfied with some of the pro options, and just would like to go to the standard free version?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:36 am

As detailed on the subscription page, you may request a refund within 14 days if you are not satisfied.

All WinEQ 2 features for EQ1 are operational. There are NO known issues with Windows 7, 32 or 64-bit (you should be installing 64-bit Windows if you are using a 64-bit PC).

There are no special WoW features in WinEQ 2 that are not available for EQ1, however the reverse is true. For EQ1, WinEQ comes with EQPlayNice. EQPlayNice Pro will reduce the number of frames rendered when a window is in the background. Some people don't like this feature (Rendering Limiting) because it gives the appearance of the window flashing and some people think it looks like lag (although it is making the game run *faster* with less power), and it's not as necessary with today's PCs as it was when it first came out -- this feature is easily disabled.

AbyssKEQ
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by AbyssKEQ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:13 am

Nice, I went ahead and bought it and I just have to say its awesome. I do have a question about innerspace however..

I am playing WoW with isxboxer (sp?) runs nicely, however what I have noticed is that with WinEQ 2 when boxing 4 toons with WoW 4 squares (with the tiny setting option, in wineq2) this will cover my screen evenly, with this I get no lag at all. However when I run innerspace with isxboxer, the best screen setting I can do is 1 big square and 3-4 little squares on the bottom or on the sides etc.

Is there anyway I can do 4 squares evenly with innerspace/isxboxer, or better yet can I use WinEQ2 and innerspace/isxboxer at the same time?

Also, what I notice is that with WinEQ2 I can limit the frame rate directly with WoW, the only framerate limited option I see in innerspace looks like its just for the actual innerspace client it looks like, or is there a hidden option?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 am

Is there anyway I can do 4 squares evenly with innerspace/isxboxer
Yep. Go to the Window Layout regions page and click+drag them to whatever size and position you want. You will probably also want to remove the borders from the windows, which if the option for this in the Window Layout doesn't work, you can do inside the WoW video options by enabling "maximized" and "disable resize"
or better yet can I use WinEQ2 and innerspace/isxboxer at the same time?
Nope
Also, what I notice is that with WinEQ2 I can limit the frame rate directly with WoW, the only framerate limited option I see in innerspace looks like its just for the actual innerspace client it looks like, or is there a hidden option?
Since you're using ISBoxer, the framerate limiting options in Inner Space itself are overridden by the options in ISBoxer, which are per Slot in your Character Set. By default the foreground is limited to 60 FPS and background to 30.

AbyssKEQ
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by AbyssKEQ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Nice, thanks for the extremely quick and detailed response man.