Keeps downloading...

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jwgray

Keeps downloading...

Post by jwgray » Wed May 13, 2009 4:28 am

WinEQ2 just keeps downloading Lavishpatcher, LavishCrashMobile, WinEQ2.dat, and WinEQ2.exe everytime I start WinEQ2. I even left it running for over 30 minutes to see if it would fix itself. It was working fine before but I just recently upgraded to the newer version of windows 7. I have it running as admin and even tried running it as Windows XP sp2 to see if it woild fix it.

Anyone have any ideas why it keeps doing this? Reinstalled twice too.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed May 13, 2009 11:05 am

WinEQ2.dat is always going to be downloaded at startup. It contains the signatures of the other files in order to match them against the server.

LavishPatcher is not compressed, it is downloaded verbatim in order to unpack the other files. If this file keeps re-downloading, it sounds like something is either modifying the exe files, or they are not being placed in the WinEQ 2 folder. My money would probably go on something modifying the files -- you might want to scan for viruses.

jwgray

Post by jwgray » Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 am

Fresh install of windows as it just finished a bit ago. I have scanned and nothing turned up. I got the ISO from microsoft and not a torrent for windows 7. I will just keep looping downloading those files no matter what. Over and over again.. wineq2 never actually starst as its stuck in the download loop.