IS, WoW and the common man. (Newb Question, sorry)

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Fannon
GamingTools Subscriber

IS, WoW and the common man. (Newb Question, sorry)

Post by Fannon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Appologies for the placement of this post, first off. I cannot post in the other forums and general discussion appears to have been locked for some time.

I was a huge supporter of EQwindows back in the day and was one of those pleading with Lax to take up the helm when JSD vanished. Lax came through with EQL and we had a simple, free window utility for EQ. I felt that deserved a proper donation. Props to Lax for stepping up.

I am getting back into WoW after 2+years fo seperation and I am fascinated by the multiboxing demo. As someone who has very little interest in actually programming or modding these scripts and add-ons, how difficult is it to take what I see on those videos and just use it?

I am very interested in subscribing and using IS as I play 2-3 characters at once. My system currently can run 2 characters with graphics and effects turned up to max and I use a laptop for the 3rd. I am running a dual core system (AMD 7750 black, upgrading to a phenom 2 940 in the immediate future), 4gb of DDR2 (also being upgraded) and I have an XFX GeF 9800GTX+ running hybrid SLI with the onboard GeF 8 series sharing 512mb. (MSI K9N2 SLI PLatinum Mobo)

So, is this InnerSpace stuff ready to go out of the box? Or am I going to have to earn a degree while reading the manual? :D

Again, I appologize for using the wrong forum, but I can't post in the proper forums.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:49 pm

I am getting back into WoW after 2+years fo seperation and I am fascinated by the multiboxing demo. As someone who has very little interest in actually programming or modding these scripts and add-ons, how difficult is it to take what I see on those videos and just use it?
The entire point is that you take exactly what is in the videos and use it :)

There are no scripts or add-ons that you need to be familiar with -- you install Inner Space, go to the ISBoxer page, download ISBoxer Suite, install, configure using the GUI, export to Inner Space, and launch your character set via the IS menu, nearly all of which is demonstrated in the walkthrough videos. You do not need to read the IS manual at all. :)

Fannon
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Fannon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 pm

I've never said this to another man, Lax... but I love you. :oops:

2nd Querry: Is this available now? I noticed it said "in beta", but hey- what do I know? I'll gladly pay, but when can I use it?

Question the Third: What in the blue saturated fornication happened here? I just took a scary trip through the ISMods forums...know what? never mind. Ignorance is bliss.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Is this available now? I noticed it said "in beta", but hey- what do I know? I'll gladly pay, but when can I use it?
Right now indeed. ISBoxer is available and free, but of course requires Inner Space, which is not free. :)
What in the blue saturated fornication happened here? I just took a scary trip through the ISMods forums...know what? never mind. Ignorance is bliss.
Yeah ismods.com is kind of out of date and pretty much ignored, there's not much worth looking at there atm ;)