Noob question using WinEQ

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

trog123
Non-Subscriber

Noob question using WinEQ

Post by trog123 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Just recently got back into Everquest after 4+ year break. Anyway, got wineq to load and work, have only got to the character selection screen with it, but while there was trying to toggle to start up second account and nothing happens. Was only able to get "Full Screen (emulated) preset" fucntion to work. Is there something I'm missing? Sorry, I know I can do an endless search, but hoping there is a quick fix I'm missing? Like I said, it runs up to the character selection screen, but at that point I haven't gone any farther since the "key" functions don't appear to be working. Thanks for any info. Oh yeah, running the dreaded Vista OS on a machine that's about 6 months old. Thanks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:00 am

Make sure the game itself is in Windowed mode, but other than that, no I can't imagine anything being a problem other than other running software. You could search all day if you wanted but you'd probably not find someone reporting the same issue, but the resolution to most issues is the same: try shutting down other running programs. Vista is not a problem, the only difference from XP is that if you have trouble patching WinEQ 2, you would need to "Run as Administrator" (right click, select Run as Administrator when launching WinEQ). Any running software COULD be interfering, but typically it might be certain anti-virus or anti-spyware products -- ones that come to mind are Norton Endpoint Security, and Spyware Doctor. Try shutting things down and see if the behavior changes. If you havent run spyware and virus scans lately, it might be a good time to start as well

trog123
Non-Subscriber

Post by trog123 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks for reply, but I figured it out, it was my fault and lack of exp with game since the long break. I just needed to open up another profile and it is fine (still only shift+Alt+R is only function working, but I'm on the freebie version so I think that's all I get anyways). I do have another question, the game is a bit "choppy" once both accounts are up and running. I realize it's to be expected somewhat if I'm not running some "buffed" up computer for gaming, I've reduced the "clip plane" in the eq options accordingly to the zone and amount of people in the zone area (Guild Hall esp.) but it still does have the slower, choppy effect going, enough to make me over correct and run past things which gets annoying. I do notice at times during the second account starting up a faint "low memory warning" so maybe my computer is just taxed to it's limits? Wondering if there is something I'm missing in settings to "reduce" the load on my system (i.e. eqniceplay maybe not configured right)? Anyway, it does work and I expect the choppy'ness to some extent, but if there's a way to reduce or I'm missing a setting to help with this I've love to hear it. Thanks for you time.

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:08 pm

If you look at the title bar of each session, it should say "Ctrl + Alt + N" where N is the session number.

If you press that, it will jump to that session no matter what program you are in.