Innerspace public forum?

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

tehtsuo
GamingTools Subscriber

Innerspace public forum?

Post by tehtsuo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Lax, the post I made on the dual-boxing forums is exactly the what I expecting. I respect the mods over there, but they're too quick to lock threads, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Warn about it and try to steer it in a different direction, but don't lock the thread. Anyways, is there a reason there's not a public forum for Innerspace here? Ismods is all but vacant it seems, and didn't seem like it contributes to the legit direction you look to be taking Innerspace in, which I approve of.

I am interested in renewing my subscription, which isn't really very expensive anyways. However I have questions before I do so, and am interested in what ideas you have for it in the future. I have keyclone, which works for me for the moment, but I'm a tinkerer, and keyclone doesn't really satisfy that craving to tweak things until they're the best they can be. One of the more important questions I'd like to have answered, as I mentioned in the DB forums, pertains to any possibility of performance tweaks that can be made via Innerspace. My current, keyclone supported, tweaks:

- Set Wow to run at 800x600
- Turn off all graphical effects
- Turn off sound
- Throttle max FPS and background FPS

Like I mentioned, I am not interested in anything that would be considered bannable. I recognize that data file modification and anything that messes with the game's internal memory space are prohibited. However, I still feel like there's more I can do to whip my slave machines into better shape than they are now. I remember running 5 copies of WoW via Innerspace pretty smoothly with a command that would set them to "minimode", something I can't do with the new, more powerful system I have now. I don't remember the details too clearly anymore, and I'm not sure if it just shrunk the window or if it did more, or if that would be something that is beyond the realm of Innerspace without questionable extensions.

Anyways, to wrap this up, I recognize that this isn't the right forum for this post, so if you want to move it to somewhere more fitting, or even delete it outright, go ahead with no hard feelings. I'm just posting this as a shot in the dark, since I can't seem to communicate with you at all on dual-boxing.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 pm

I want to get rid of these phpbb2 forums in favor of something better, so I'm not really wanting to expand them at the moment.

I agree that Fursphere locked the thread a bit quickly, as there are plenty of things that can be done without violating the ToS. At present time, what you're doing is pretty much it, but I can play around with things a bit and see if background sessions can get some performance tweaks.

tehtsuo
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by tehtsuo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks man. I'm looking into changing my slower system to running its two windows at 640x480 now, but I have a feeling based on previous experience that WoW runs at 800x600 even if you try to tell it to run smaller, it just scales the window down. Also just finished setting up symlinks to get custom camera angles working. Having the camera close to the character and angled towards the ground seems to help.