Any ideas?

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

knight72
Non-Subscriber

Any ideas?

Post by knight72 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Hello,
I recently thought Id try WinEq and see if it made dual boxing any easier for me on EQ1, instead of using multiple computers. I have a dual monitor set up and when I load both instances of EQ and drag one to each screen they both look fine and I can see real time game things happening on both instances such as spells, toons walking etc etc no issues or lag of any notice. I can move around etc on the one in focus and still no lag.

Here is where I'm having issues at now:
When I switch between the two instances it takes anywhere from 20-60 secs to be completed and both instances are locked and in limbo till the switch is complete and one is focus again. After the switch all is fine and no lag and real time events happening in-game no issue.

This time frame to switch is not acceptable for multi boxing and makes it impossible. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how to correct this Id appreciate it a great deal. My machine specs are below.

Thanks

Brand = HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook w/external 19" LCD monitor added
Platform = Windows Vista 32 bit
Processor = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66 Hz / 1.67 GHz
Memory = 3.00 GB
Vid Card = Nividia GeForce 8600M Approx. Total Disp. Memory = 1776 MB

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Typically when this has happened to people in the past, the cause is due to something hammering the CPU. Try opening the windows task manager and have the process list open, sorted by CPU %. If I recall correctly, anti-virus or anti-spyware software was to blame in at least one case. The switching should be instant or barely noticeable if not.

If you can't find it from that, try closing all other running software. If you find the culprit let me know so I can make sure this information is made available for the next person

knight72
Non-Subscriber

Post by knight72 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:46 pm

I opened the task manager and under processes nothing really appeared taking up any system resources other than the two instances of EQ running which were taking up the most by far.

Also during running the two instances the task manager showed my system performance running around 82% CPU usage.

I had mcafee running in the background and will disable it and try to see if that works.