EQ1 remembering last login

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

jinaabi3169
Non-Subscriber

EQ1 remembering last login

Post by jinaabi3169 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:18 pm

The features (and help) say that Win EQ 2.0 will remember the last login for each profile. Mine is not doing that. Everything is working fine other than that.

I wanted to throw this in because I suspect it may be part of the problem. I just returned to EQ recently. The last time I "took a break" was 4 years ago. When I boxed back then, I used two computers. Occasionally, though, I would log in a 3rd account for buffage and stuff. If I recall correctly, in order to log in two accounts on one computer back then, I had to make two copies of the EQ directlories, and log in from each one, or they wouldn't play nice together (this may be a problem that was unique to me at the time, and making two copies seemed to fix it)

My question is, can I run all instances from the same directory? Or do I still need multiple copies of the EQ directory. Oh, and I did not use WinEQ back then.

Anyway, I was hoping to have it remember my login for each character. It would make me all giggly inside if it would.

Barehanded
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Barehanded » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:54 pm

I currently 2 box from the same directory/folder. I have a separate profile for each account & WinEQ remembers the 2 different logins. Perhaps running both out of the same folder will fix your problem? I hope it helps!

I have a problem being able to set hotkeys to switch between instances as I mentioned 3 topics below yours. Do you have this problem? Just curious.... hope I was able to help!

daw4888
Non-Subscriber

Re: EQ1 remembering last login

Post by daw4888 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:09 am

jinaabi3169 wrote:The features (and help) say that Win EQ 2.0 will remember the last login for each profile. Mine is not doing that. Everything is working fine other than that.

I wanted to throw this in because I suspect it may be part of the problem. I just returned to EQ recently. The last time I "took a break" was 4 years ago. When I boxed back then, I used two computers. Occasionally, though, I would log in a 3rd account for buffage and stuff. If I recall correctly, in order to log in two accounts on one computer back then, I had to make two copies of the EQ directlories, and log in from each one, or they wouldn't play nice together (this may be a problem that was unique to me at the time, and making two copies seemed to fix it)

My question is, can I run all instances from the same directory? Or do I still need multiple copies of the EQ directory. Oh, and I did not use WinEQ back then.

Anyway, I was hoping to have it remember my login for each character. It would make me all giggly inside if it would.
Your problem is the station launcher. What you need to do is only have your main set to run the patcher. On all other instances go into the profile settings in wineq, and turn the patcher off, and that will fix your problem. You do not need to run from multiple folders for EQ itsself if you use this method, and also this method is much quicker to log in multiple accounts.