Station Launcher

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Kariya
Non-Subscriber

Station Launcher

Post by Kariya » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi. =) I play EQ 1 and 2-box, and I've been using WinEQ for a while, especially when I had an older vid card and needed the benefits of WinEQ badly.

SOE is introducing a Station launcher, where you can launch all of youe SOE games from. This weekend is a stress test weekend, so I decided to download the Beta.

Does anyone know if WinEQ will eventually support the Station Launcher? Right now there's no way to use WinEQ if I log in via the Launcher - if I log in using my WinEQ profiles, it boots up the current single EQ Launchpad. I also have my 2 account in separate directories, so being able to use WinEQ is a must to keep my UI files in the proper directories!

I am kind of liking the new Station Launcher because it fills my widscreen monitor up!

Thanks. =)

-Kar

skinniriath
Non-Subscriber

Post by skinniriath » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:13 am

I too use separate directories for my accounts (originally so that I could have different settings). I copied the character files from one directory to the other and all (fingers crossed) seems to be fine at the moment. The memory usage has lowered now that I only use a single directory (which is to be expected). I dont have any custom UIs or anything.

I was able to box using the station launcher by setting the "Exit station launcher when i start playing" option and then running the launcher again after the first account was logged in.

However, the main feature I use from Win EQ 2 Lite is the ability to switch windows using a hotkey. It will take a long time to get used to Alt + TAB for switching.

It is worth looking into (or writing a little explanation) on how Win EQ is expected to work with the station launcher if only to stop the speculation or let people know how they can use station launcher and still keep the Win EQ features.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:31 pm

SOE is introducing a Station launcher, where you can launch all of youe SOE games from. This weekend is a stress test weekend, so I decided to download the Beta.
Haven't they had that for years now? ;) I seem to recall that several months ago they added EQ1 to it and left it optional.

As far as using multiple directories... why? The only benefits I've heard of people getting -- mostly just not having to type account names, having multiple eqclient.ini files, or thinking that it's a performance boost -- are possible with 1 EQ folder even with WinEQ lite.

Anyway, we are hard at work developing the next generation of WinEQ, as is mentioned on the main page of the web site. It is based on the Inner Space 2 engine. The Inner Space 2 engine has a much improved technique for injecting into games, and will not have a problem with the Station launcher. This also means that the next generation of WinEQ will support many more games, even including ones that are not currently out.