Wineq2 Problems with Global Hotkeys

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Taltiu
Non-Subscriber

Wineq2 Problems with Global Hotkeys

Post by Taltiu » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi. I've been looking at wineq2 for a while and decided to try it out today but the reason I wanted to use it isn't actually working for me.

I'm currently using it for EQ.

I use a logitech G15 gaming keyboard. If I set any of the keys to be the wineq2 global hotkeys they will work as long as the game isn't the focus.

IE: If I have any regular window as the main focus (explorer, notepad, etc), but not the game, then when I hit one of the programmed G-Keys on the keyboard it will pop me to the proper game window. Once I'm on the game window the keys completely stop working. They don't work for the global hotkeys and they suppress the regular keys I have programmed for other functions of my playing such as Ctrl+7 for my Feign Death.

These keys all work fine without WinEq2, both in the game and not.

I have checked logitech's website for any updates, and I'm using the latest version of the software.
I have tried creating separate eqclient.ini files for each profile.
I have tried EQplaynice both on and off.
I even changed the global hotkeys prior to realizing that it supressed all keys from the logitech software.

Is there something else I can try? Or something I need to turn off? Do I need the full version of the software for this to work correctly?

This program is precisely what I need if I can get it to work properly.

Thanks

Radamas2000
Non-Subscriber

Post by Radamas2000 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:07 pm

If you have to change your defualt keys for wineq2 so they are not the same as your g15 keyboard. I went throught the same thing when I first installed lol. Open up Wineq2. Right click wineq2 icon on your taskbar and click options then preferences. Click Everquest2 or whatever game you are using. Click Hotkeys under that game and wallaah , you can reset the defualts to something other then what you are using for g15 keys and now they will work with eq.. let me know if this helps

Radamas2000
Non-Subscriber

Post by Radamas2000 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Lol dont mind my bad typing/spelling Mutitasking and typing doesnt work too well for me .. good luck !!!