Admin needed to run IE while WinEQ2.15 is active

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

razzellu
Non-Subscriber

Admin needed to run IE while WinEQ2.15 is active

Post by razzellu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Title sums it up, but when the WinEQ2 icon is in the taskbar, near the clock and I attempt to browse the internet with IE, I get "Internet Explorer has stopped working."

I have found two solutions to access the internet. The first being to close WinEQ2, which isn't convenient if I'm still playing. The second solution is to run IE as an administrator.

I am running Vista home premium, and the very latest wineq2.15 and this is effective immediately after wineq is patched, though EQ1 is eventually the game I load with it.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:08 pm

Interesting.

Well, the reason you are seeing that is EQPlayNice. So technically if you don't play EQ1 (or don't care for the EQPlayNice functionality) you could simply disable EQPlayNice under EverQuest,General, and after restarting WinEQ 2 it wouldn't happen again.

I'll see if I can duplicate the issue. I've been using Vista since its release, and haven't actually experienced this problem. In fact, I'm not sure it was even reported until recently; it may have to do with IE plugins. I do use a full administrator user, though.