everquest 1 profile setup

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

poppossum
GamingTools Subscriber

everquest 1 profile setup

Post by poppossum » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:14 am

:?: in eq 1 profile setup the example that is givin to me is a bit confus:? ing should the profile look like ./,jondoe./,eqclient.in or./,jondoe can some 1 p lay it out for me as to what exzact a profile should look like when i hit save hey just want to play eq!!!! [this is my brain] now is it dot slash coma account name +the dot slash comaeqclient.ini arrrrrrrrg my brain is over heating i just know this isn't right i give up brain is dead.
any help would be appreciated

poppossum

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:50 am

:shock:

My brain is overheating just trying to read your post. There is no configuration necessary if all you want to do is run the software and play EQ, all you have to do is right click on WinEQ 2 in the system tray, go to EverQuest, and select EverQuest Default Profile.

If you choose to change the configuration, the "EQClient.ini" option provides the following description:
Custom EQClient.ini file for this profile. Do not include the full path unless you are using a file from another directory. Simply prepend the filename with .\, for example, .\eqclient.ini
The default value is .\eqclient.ini. You do not need to change this unless you want to create profiles that each have their own copy of eqclient.ini. All you have to do is change the filename, you do not need to worry about the .\ portion. For example, say you're creating a profile called "poppossum dot slash coma account name +the dot slash comaeqclient.ini arrrrrrrrg my brain is over heating"

the default value is:
.\eqclient.ini

Click in the box between "eqclient" and ".ini" and type something, so it looks something like
.\eqclient-popossum.ini

And again, you do not need to change a single option to use the software. The EQClient.ini setting is pretty much only useful for those who want to keep separate settings for different EQ sessions. If you don't need that, then you should just leave the option how it is.

poppossum
GamingTools Subscriber

no longer confused!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by poppossum » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:58 am

Thank you so much for your reply and im sorry about the burning brain
i caused in my post but 1 thing for sure my head feels much better with your perfect example to go by. Again thanks for takin a lil time to talk to the possum.

Truley Grateful Poppossum