Mouse not working on Char Select Screen EQ1

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

batman
Non-Subscriber

Mouse not working on Char Select Screen EQ1

Post by batman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Been usuing Wineq for awhile now with success....took a break from playing for about a year and now have a little problem with my mouse i think....

Works upto Char Select Screen (eq1) but then Left mouse button (and right im not sure) fails to funtion.....hoverring over names it highlights them but im unable to click and enter world

Please Help

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:24 pm

To be frank, this sounds like your EverQuest is over a year old and is prior to the change away from using its own software-based cursor. If this is the case then I'm sorry but WinEQ 2 is built for and only officially supports the latest versions of EverQuest. If it happens to work for various "private" (emulated) servers, then that's fine, but WinEQ 2 will not be specifically fixed for emulated servers.

If that's NOT the case, and your EQ is patched up to date, then something else must be interfering. If you can post a sysinfo.txt, that would help diagnose the problem -- you can get it by launching a WinEQ 2 session, right clicking on the game window's title bar, and selecting Get System Info from the menu. This can be posted here, or if you would prefer any of the information inside be kept private, feel free to email it to lax@lavishsoft.com instead.

sakki
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Mouse not working on Char Select Screen EQ1

Post by sakki » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:24 am

batman wrote:Been usuing Wineq for awhile now with success....took a break from playing for about a year and now have a little problem with my mouse i think....

Works upto Char Select Screen (eq1) but then Left mouse button (and right im not sure) fails to funtion.....hoverring over names it highlights them but im unable to click and enter world

Please Help
If you are using ati tray tools, you should exit that software, i had the same problem until 5mins ago when i exited it, and suddenly wineq2 works for me (title bar had normal eq title in it before aswell not the renamed title)

batman
Non-Subscriber

Post by batman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Woah...awesome thanks Sakki, that did the job. :D :D

batman
Non-Subscriber

Post by batman » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Apart from the contrast leaving me unable to see whats going on :x

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:58 am

You can adjust the Gamma level from the in-game video options page. EQ's graphics engine is a little poor when it comes to this, as adjusting the gamma will also adjust the desktop gamma and result in lots of washed out colors.