Everquest 1 problem

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

EQLOVER223
Non-Subscriber

Everquest 1 problem

Post by EQLOVER223 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:06 pm

Can anyone out there help me I upgraded my eq1 account online at station.com today and installed all the components and theres a problem. When i click play it loads for about 2 miliseconds and then says im missing the file d3dx9_30.dll So i was prompet to reinstall the game to fix that problem so i did
TWO TIMES
NOthing seems to be happening, im going to call sony tomarrow but if anyone can help me before that id really appreciate it.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:13 am

Reinstalling the game isn't going to get you that file. But it's interesting that you're mentioning this here, since WinEQ 2 also requires that file, and points you to the correct download location if it can't load d3dx9_30.dll right when you launch it:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

Just download and run the installer, and it will make sure d3dx9_30.dll is installed for you. What this is, is every other month or so, Microsoft releases minor updates to DirectX9 (and yes it is still called 9.0c, which tends to confuse the general population). The last such update was November 2007. d3dx9_30.dll is from April 2006. If you recently installed Windows, or this is a new computer, etc then this is why you would be missing the file. Neither Windows XP nor Windows Vista include these minor updates to DirectX9 in the installation (according to Microsoft, the fresh installation of the operating system includes only the core of DirectX9, any updates must be applied separately), so regardless of which you are running, the process is the same (yes Windows Vista comes with DirectX10, this does not harm DirectX10 and is completely separate from it).

I think I covered everything, hope this helps.