Question

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

agentxavier
GamingTools Subscriber

Question

Post by agentxavier » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:00 am

Hi i reciently switched from EQW to eqwindows. I really like how you can change hotkeys and stuff to how i like them. I just kinda feel wierd having to log in to a different server before eq. I was just curious there is no way for eqwindows to see what our login and password are eq right?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 am

EQW is EQWindows, you mean WinEQ :) That's ok, lots of people get confused because the names are somewhat similar.

Anyhow, to answer your question. Our software does not use persistent connections, meaning it simply logs into our server, then disconnects asap. If EQPlayNice is enabled and you watch your network traffic carefully, you will notice a connection about 25 seconds after launching the game in addition to the connection immediately when the game is launched. This is because each of our products must individually connect to our server to retrieve some data.

We run a clean ship here at Lavish Software, and have been in business with customers since July 2004. Stealing accounts would be bad for business. :)

You have every right to be suspicious of any and all software downloads for online games, including WinEQ, EQWindows, Magelo Updater, etc. These, however, are quite popular and to my knowledge, have no reported issues with account theft and such. As always, use what you like, and when in doubt, ask other people about it (you dont have to take my word that WinEQ is safe)