eqgame.exe trying to connect to lavishsoft

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Topoboricua
Non-Subscriber

eqgame.exe trying to connect to lavishsoft

Post by Topoboricua » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:04 pm

Hello,
I looked around to find an answer for this, but was not successful. I exchanged firewalls recently from ZA to Sygate. Is not a firewall issue. I do monitor all my connections and found this one. I understand that WinEQ2.exe will connect to your servers for authentication, but never before the following: eqgame.exe trying to connect to lavishsoft. I denied the connection and received a "license verification" error. Here's a short cut and paste of the firewall message:

File Description : C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe
File Path : C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe
Process ID : 0xD2C (Heximal) 3372 (Decimal)

Connection origin : local initiated
Protocol : TCP
Local Address : 192.168.0.102
Local Port : 1244
Remote Name : lavishsoft.com
Remote Address : 216.213.172.49
Remote Port : 11500

Please correct me if im wrong, only WinEQ2.exe needs to connect to verify the license status with you guys(LavishSoft). eqgame.exe should connect to the sony servers, not yours. Don't know if its something new on your program (and if is please point me to where i might missed this info). When i used ZA before i never had a request like this been intercepted. WinEQ2 is a great product. I just wonder about this issue (if we can call it that) .

Thanks fer the time

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:21 pm

The main program does verify license, but that's more or less just an initial check. When you initialize a new session, your license must be re-verified or the software will not be able to run