problems connecting to license server.

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Zagarus
Non-Subscriber

problems connecting to license server.

Post by Zagarus » Mon May 30, 2005 11:07 pm

Hello, last few weeks I have been getting the following message when I have attempted to start winEQ.

"Connection to Lavish Software license server failed. The server may be inaccessible to you at this time, or the amount of network lag between you and the server may be extraordinarily high."

However, looking at my firewall logs and hence getting the IP of the server, I can trace and ping the server just fine. I even tried without firewall, no effect. This problem started suddendly one evening without any changes to my computer setup. I even tried reinstalling and another account but no success.

Any suggestions?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon May 30, 2005 11:18 pm

The only reason that message can pop up is if the software fails to connect to the server. I dont even have a possible timeout in the connect code, as of several months ago. Windows sockets is simply reporting that the connection failed, and that message indicates this to you.

All I can tell you is that something between you and the server is blocking the connection, and it's not our server refusing you (it would always at least let you connect, and you would get a different message if it failed later than trying to connect)

Zagarus
Non-Subscriber

Post by Zagarus » Tue May 31, 2005 2:44 am

That is what I suspect as well. It's just that I'm running out of options to check in my own setup. Would it be possible to check the connections from my IP? More specifically connections to the license server and see if it even gets there? My last login to this site was from my own computer (at work right now), so you oughta get the IP from there. It should be something 80.221.* I believe.

fearless
Non-Subscriber

Post by fearless » Tue May 31, 2005 9:44 am

I get this occassionally when I am loading multiple sessions. I have determined it is a time out on the machine, usually associated with processor load. To solve this, I load one session to EULA before I start the next. I have not had any issues since I changed my behavior.

Stormboo
Non-Subscriber

Post by Stormboo » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:24 pm

hrmm...currently having this problem also, worked fine last night, today its not connecting...dunno what to do to fix it atm =/

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Please start a new thread for new issues in the future.

The license server is the same physical box as the web server, so you know you can actually connect to it if you're hitting the web site. Usually this issue is from software firewalls on your machine; there's nothing here blocking you or anyone else from connecting. For example, make sure WinEQ isn't blocked by Windows Firewall and such.