Screen very dark and can't change Gamma settings

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

DarkReign
GamingTools Subscriber

Screen very dark and can't change Gamma settings

Post by DarkReign » Sun May 15, 2005 8:50 am

When playing EQ I frequently have to change my gamma setting to see what's on my screen, otherwise it is very dark. The same thing happens when I play using WinEQ2, but I cannot change gamma settings when I am running in WinEQ2 lite.

I can put the screen into full screen emulated mode and still not change the gama settings. I have the preferences set to not lock gamma so that's not it. I have also tried as per a different post to hit ALT-ENTER and that made no changes either.

Is this something that can be fixed within WinEQ2 Lite or is this a subscriber only feature or is this a stupid newbie trick that I just don't know and haven't found listed in the docs or on the forums?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun May 15, 2005 10:40 am

Well, you should actually post your sysinfo.txt when reporting an issue, however I can tell you what it is. This is a known issue with older video card drivers, and was solved last May or so in the ATI catalyst drivers -- which I must assume you're using an ATI video card because it wasnt a known issue in the NVIDIA detonators or forceware drivers. Grab the latest drivers for your video card, and you should no longer have this problem.

Also, there's a "Lock Gamma" setting if you go into WinEQ 2 preferences under EverQuest, General category. I assume you didn't turn that on though.