Changing EverQuest executable...

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Tilerin
Non-Subscriber

Changing EverQuest executable...

Post by Tilerin » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:25 pm

Quote from another topic:

"When you run eqgame.exe directly, you have to give it the "patchme" parameter; this is how it has been since its original release. Currently, WinEQ *CANT* run EverQuest.exe because it would crash (same reason EQWindows crashes when it tries to run the patcher).

Also, please post a new thread rather than continuing to respond to this one. The solution is probably the same -- it's most likely something on your computer -- but new threads for new issues is preferable to posting on one that's a few months old.

Anyway, what you need to do is
a) make sure you're running Service Pack 2 if you're using Windows XP, and make sure you have all the latest updates
b) scan for spyware, viruses, etc
c) shut down any background processes to see if one of them is interfering"

... Ok, so I tried doing all of the things you listed, yet when I try to run the EverQuest profile (which is set to the right directory path, etc.) it still tries to run eqgame.exe and nothing happens. I still believe the problem is that I cannot run eqgame.exe on my computer for some reason as it tells me to run EverQuest.exe, so my question is... How do I make my eqgame.exe file compatable? It has been driving me crazy for almost 4 months now, and cannot figure it out myself, would REALLY appreciate some help)

(also I have no Sysinfo.txt file as it has never even tried to run)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:31 pm

It is trying to run, but for some reason on your system, it's unable to. Your eqgame.exe file is compatible -- it's exactly the same as everyone else's -- it's something running on your system that is not.

Can you tell me what exactly you have tried in order to scan for spyware and viruses? Can you tell me exactly what processes are running the background? Can you tell me about your system -- what version of windows particularly? Without this type of information, I really really cannot help you :(

Tilerin
Non-Subscriber

Post by Tilerin » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:37 pm

Ok, well I did a full windows update, made sure I have newest Service Pack 2, Downloaded Windows AntiSpyware (none), Ran Nortons (none), and background processes are plentiful, but most are ran by System and not me, the ones that are by me include

explorer.exe
igfxtray.exe
hkcmd.exe
qttask.exe
ccApp.exe
hpztsb09.exe
gcasServ.exe
taskmgr.exe
SymSCUI.exe

Tilerin
Non-Subscriber

Post by Tilerin » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:39 pm