AO support

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Solefarin
Non-Subscriber

AO support

Post by Solefarin » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:20 pm

is there any plan to add AO support to the WinEQ line? I have no idea how difficult it would be to add, but a streamlined way to switch between instances of AO would be nice...especially as I usually have one instance of EQ and one instance of AO open.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:59 pm

In all likelihood, we wont be adding more games to WinEQ 2 because of the side effects that come with adding new games -- slower launching (both at WinEQ startup and at game startup) being one of them.

However, Inner Space right this moment can easily work with most DirectX games, though I have not tested it with AO in particular. The drawback of course being that Inner Space is limited to subscribers at this time.

As far as future projects, though... WinEQ 3 will be based on Inner Space, and will have a similar if not equal method of adding support for new games (with IS, you just click "Add Game" from the menu, enter a name and the filename to run and it just plain works, in most cases). And it will be just as easy to use as WinEQ 2, but with better features.

WinEQ 3 is in the initial planning stages, and wont be in development for a few months yet. I still have much work to do on Fury in particular, as well as Inner Space.