Laptop at 1600x1200

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Skyyzul
GamingTools Subscriber

Laptop at 1600x1200

Post by Skyyzul » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:17 pm

The display on my laptop has a native resolution of 1600x1200, which is the resolution I have always used for playing Everquest. I downloaded and tried WinEQ 2.0 in the hopes that I could use it to play Everquest at 1600x1200 in a 'borderless' window, which should be possible if I understand the capabilities of the product. My goal is to be able to play two or three Everquest sessions on this laptop without having to look at the window borders that show up without WinEQ when I do this now. In other words, I want to be able to alt-tab between several EQ sessions, where each one looks like EQ in full-screen 1600x1200 mode, but is in fact an overlay - and also be able to alt-tab to a web browser or hit the Windows key to pull up the taskbar, etc. Seem simple enough, right?

Unfortunately, it's not working out, and I think it must be because of something I've done wrong. Everything seems perfectly normal, except that the 1600x1200 window is actually more like 1600x1150 - there's an area at the bottom of my diplay 'below' the Everquest 'window' where part of the taskbar is visible, and the Everquest area has that slight fuzziness that tells me some kind of scaling or interpolation is going on. Why would this be? Again, all I want is 1600x1200 borderless Everquest in an overlay, so no scaling - either up or down - should be necessary.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:27 pm

That would work perfectly fine, if you were a subscriber. :)

Straight EQ, EQWindows, and WinEQ Lite will have that slight fuzziness when you try to have a window the full size of the screen. WinEQ Pro does not, and would let you have a borderless window.

Differences between Lite (free) and Pro (subscribers) are shown here for EQ1:
http://www.lavishsoft.com/wineq2/eq1.php