New User - WinEQ 1.x, 2.x or IS?

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Zair
Non-Subscriber

New User - WinEQ 1.x, 2.x or IS?

Post by Zair » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:38 pm

I'm a new user, and I'm trying to figure out which "WinEQ" I should download and use: 1.38, 2.0 or maybe Inner Space Beta?

I've looked at the Features listing at:
http://www.lavishsoft.com/wineq2/eq1.php
http://www.lavishsoft.com/wineq/features.php

The two versions appear basically identical, is there a difference?

I'd like to simply play two or three accounts at once on one computer, either by tiling the displays or by setting up a global hot-key(s) to toggle between the characters. I do intend to subscribe. My computer does OK with two characters at once (basic windowed mode and alt-tab), but my friends tell me that WinEQ will improve the speed and functionality. I'm sure I can figure out the software on my own, I just would like some advice regarding which version to use....

:?: Please advise: Should I subscribe to and set up WinEQ 1.38, WinEQ 2.0 or perhaps try Inner Space Beta? Thanks!

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:13 pm

If you use Windows 98 or ME, you have to use WinEQ 1.38 (and in fact that's the only reason the old version is still around). If you need ease of use or need to try before you buy, then WinEQ 2.0 is the way to go. Inner Space is more powerful, but is limited to subscribers and more difficult to customize, though it does provide most of the same default hotkeys and such that WinEQ 2 has, and does allow all WinEQ 2 features.

My suggestion is to first try WinEQ 2, assuming of course you're not using Windows 98 or ME.

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:47 am

IS is also not quite user friendly as WinEQ is, and to use the more powerful aspects of IS, you need a degree in coding... ;) in otherwords, you need to understand a great more detail on the inner workings of the program I.E. how to make/install/run scripts and such. For the technically disinclined, stick with Win 1.38 for Win98 and ME users and WinEQ 2.07 for the rest. Although, if memory serves me correct, Lax plans on letting it go by the wayside (as far as new features go) once IS is full blown. Do correct me if I'm wrong though, for I do not see an advantage of IS over WinEQ 2.07 as of yet based on the user-friendliness.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:56 am

Your correction comes in the announcement posted recently:
Finally, after more work on Fury we will be revisiting WinEQ. Currently, WinEQ 2 is in a fairly stable condition and has not received a major update for months. There are, however, unresolved issues with WinEQ 2 that we would like to solve (for example, crashing when exiting World of Warcraft). We will do so by creating WinEQ 3, which will be built on the Inner Space core, but will have all of the ease of use that WinEQ 2 currently offers, and the customizability and game support of Inner Space. WinEQ 3 will be limited to subscribers (at least initially).
The original plan was to implement ease of use in Inner Space, however I would like it to remain very technical. WinEQ 3 will use the Inner Space core, and will provide ease of use first and foremost. The more advanced features will be available by turning on advanced/expert options (e.g. scripts will be used, but will be hidden unless you want to see them)

Zair
Non-Subscriber

Thanks!

Post by Zair » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:39 am

Thanks for all the info, that answers my questisons!