Doesn't Work ?

Post by Kanadru » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:24 pm

downloaded eqwin 2.07 lite and installed
have a valid lashish log-in.
but when I run a profile nothing happens..no error message..nothing

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:32 pm

Assuming you have set the EQ path for the profile, then this is likely due to software running on your system. Close all running programs, check for viruses and spyware, update drivers, etc. WinEQ works great, you just need to take care of your system to make sure that other software doesn't interfere.

If you haven't set the EQ path, click the "WinEQ 2.0 Manual" and navigate to the EverQuest category, and click on "Quick Start". This tells you a little bit about WinEQ and explains how to set the path (though it's fairly self-explanatory if you open the preferences window).

Kanadru
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kanadru » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:54 pm

path is set to correct directory, system is brand new (just got it out of the box), disabled virus protection and checked system is running latest drivers. They're aren't any programs running that don't need to be run.

But still no luck.

EQwin runes perfectly on another system I have, I just can't see why I am having troubles.

Kanadru
Non-Subscriber

Post by Kanadru » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:07 pm

still no luck with this mystery...can anyone else off some advice ?

Gridmed
Non-Subscriber

Post by Gridmed » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:17 pm

Having exact same problem. WinEQ works perfectly on my laptop, but won't start on my desktop PC. It allows me to run WinEQ to get the tab in the system tray, but when I click or try to open Everquest, nothing happens. No error message, nothing. The directory is correct, can find no other reason.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:29 pm

Open the WinEQ 2 path and delete the SysInfo.txt file. Then try to start a WinEQ session. If the SysInfo.txt file gets created, post it here. If not, then that is also important information

Tilerin
Non-Subscriber

Post by Tilerin » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:46 pm

Also having this problem, but have no sysinfo.txt file to delete tho, so cant try that solution. anyone figure it out yet?

Tilerin
Non-Subscriber

Post by Tilerin » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:06 pm

After further analysis, I think the problem might be that WinEQ 2 (and 1 for that matter) looks for eqgame.exe, whereas when I try to click on eqgame.exe (in the EQ folder) it tells me to run EverQuest.exe, so thats what I use to play. How do I change what executable WinEQ uses as EverQuest.exe doesnt come up on browse feature?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:01 pm

When you run eqgame.exe directly, you have to give it the "patchme" parameter; this is how it has been since its original release. Currently, WinEQ *CANT* run EverQuest.exe because it would crash (same reason EQWindows crashes when it tries to run the patcher).

Also, please post a new thread rather than continuing to respond to this one. The solution is probably the same -- it's most likely something on your computer -- but new threads for new issues is preferable to posting on one that's a few months old.

Anyway, what you need to do is
a) make sure you're running Service Pack 2 if you're using Windows XP, and make sure you have all the latest updates
b) scan for spyware, viruses, etc
c) shut down any background processes to see if one of them is interfering