2nd profile of wineq crashes to desktop

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

avirnig
GamingTools Subscriber

2nd profile of wineq crashes to desktop

Post by avirnig » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:43 am

it crashes to desktop before even gettign to the EULA screen with the accept or decline buttons

please fix or tell me of a work around

thank you again for such a grea product

avirnig
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by avirnig » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:58 am

ok new info:

i can get the second instance of eq up but ONLY if the first instance is NOT logged in to my server (ie at the char select screen) seems that somehow EQ is now hogging ALL the video card resources or WinEQ is or both i dunno. anyway hope this gets fixed soon so i can PL me ranger :P

avirnig
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by avirnig » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:09 pm

ok nuthere update:
got second instance working again BUT i had to make sure the second profile pointed to the SAME directory that the first instance of EQ is running off of

personally, i preffer to use 2 directorys with eq in it becaues then i do NOT have to type in diff username for each profile every time i log in on both accounts (with 2 separate EQ folders you didnt have to do this and it used to work just fine before last wednesdays patch)

i would like to get the winEQ working again with 2 separate eq folders as this is my preffered method of useing it but i can at LEAST log in and play both atm

please fix this crash issue soon

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:21 pm

1) Post sysinfo.txt
2) With WinEQ 2, you can just make 2 profiles, and use one per character... and you never have to type in your station name again (just like using 2 directories)
3) This type of crash has been well-known for quite a long time, and may be
related to having eqclient.ini files with very different options. People have reported in the past that starting with fresh eqclient.ini files has helped

avirnig
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by avirnig » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:20 pm

k ill try deleting the ini files and see what happens although i didnt have this prob till after the update to wineq for the jan 26 EQ patch so i dunno how others have been having this prob and now all of a sudden after win eq is broken from an EQ patch i cannot use my 2 directories :/
that blows :/ oh well imma try it and see what happends ill keep ya posted