window position

WinEQ 2.0 Lite discussion

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

reizvoll
Non-Subscriber

window position

Post by reizvoll » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:01 pm

2 things...

first off, the window keeps being created too high. the title bar is off screen and i can't get it to come down bar unlocking the mouse and dragging it down. the next time wineq starts, its back up there. perfectly chops off the title bar. (wineq 1.x doesn't do this.)

this alone would be so bad, but now a days eq seems to be client crashing a crap load more. i don't know if its wineq or eq or my ini file or what... but i get booted to desktop on zoning a lot now, where before i'd get /p "this session" times of 10-12 days. pretty annoying. its especially prevalent if the character in question has been in world and hasnt zoned in a few hours, ie bazaar mules.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:15 pm

WinEQ 1.38 doesn't do that because its windows are directly tied into profiles. WinEQ 2.0 separates profiles from window settings, so if you move one window, the others dont move with it. It should place the visible part of the window 4 pixels down from the top when it starts up. You can open wineq-eq.ini and under [Preset1], change the "Y" value. Higher Y is lower on the screen. Save the ini and start up WinEQ, and it should change your default positioning. As a non-subscriber, full preset functionality isn't available so it doesn't appear in the preferences window... but I will see about changing it a little bit so you can keep your desired positioning easier.

I dont know what to tell you about crashing to desktop without more information.

reizvoll
Non-Subscriber

Post by reizvoll » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:05 am

ok that fixed it, had to set it to 22. was looking for a file like that but was unable to find it hehehe. makes sense now that i see it.

the crashing ill try to look more into.