how to load another profile?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Pest Control
Non-Subscriber

how to load another profile?

Post by Pest Control » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:52 am

I guess I'm dumb.

I can't see how to load anything other than the default profile.

I have set default and profile 2 paths in preferences.

I use different folders per account.

Pest Control
Non-Subscriber

Post by Pest Control » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:57 am

since I can't edit it seems posting addendum...

BTW do I have to use two folders per acct? I started that way with EQW recommendations but have heard of people using one eqgame.exe with multiple accounts.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:36 am

You have to give profile 2 a name before it will show up in the list, and that's it. I'll make sure that's more clear.

I highly recommend using only one folder. Many people believe that multiple folders will increase your performance, but ... what's the point, for example, of an 8mb cache on your hard drive if you're not going to take advantage of it? Most drives have more like 2mb though. Windows also has its own cache. The problem with multiple folders is it actually hurts performance by not allowing your system to utilize its cache systems. To see a performance gain with multiple folders, they would have to be on physically separate drives on separate IDE channels. Some people stick by it anyway though, if it seems to perform better then go ahead, but the majority will see the best performance from a single folder

Pest Control
Non-Subscriber

Post by Pest Control » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:54 am

So the various character ini files I have in the second account can just be copied into the main folder then?

I don't want to have to set up hotkeys, resolutions, windows, etc all over again.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:11 am

Sure. You can also copy your old eqclient.ini files and rename them, and have each profile use the one you want