EQGAMES.EXE

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

toptek
Non-Subscriber

EQGAMES.EXE

Post by toptek » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:27 am

In Case this got over Looked

im GETTING A eqGAMES.EXE ERROR ON ALL MY PC.

From char select to sever select and only on WinEQ 2.0 and only from Cs to
SS . ?(((.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:45 pm

Yes after already having gone from character select to server select before that, I am aware of this. I really dont know why this is such an issue, do people really camp to server select that much? Just curious, it's going to get fixed anyway

eolewis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eolewis » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:37 pm

depends on what im doing... if Im switching servers, yes... if Im logging off one account and onto another, yes. But then I don't do them that often.

However, with me, its an issue because its broke and I can't fix it... hehehe

toptek
Non-Subscriber

cool

Post by toptek » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:14 pm

ONly happen's with WinEQ 2.0 with 1.38 i DOn't have the problem .

going form CS to SS i dont have this problem with WInEQ1.38 or just EQ it self.

It is not donig with any of them but WINEQ2.0:)).

ITs like it went back to driver ver 56.64 for gofocre but the only problem here is its doing it with ATI AND goforce.

Well any way this is just to hlp out it will sooner or later happen to other's:))

oyea one other strange thing with WINEQ 2.0 useing the option menu at log on be for the pass word screen it lets me go in to that screen np EQ stys up then after im done setting up the option or just closing it out the mouse locks up and KB control is under EQ is lost, i can CAD it then stop the tasks . \

one last thought this wasnt happen with the option thing in WInEQ B4. :))

just posting issue to hlp out.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

hate to keep this

Post by toptek » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:25 am

OK if its a EQ Problem who do i go to now about it , this is something i made major post's about back before 61.77 came out right after gates came out i had this problem till they came out with out with driver ver 61.77 then it cleared up untill now .

and it only was happing with 256 MB force cards . now its happen only with WinEQ 2.0 AND IT did stop for me till mow . i just tryed it with just EQ no problem and with WinEQ 1.38 np . i have nine acounts and some times need to swith to one real qiuck . "))

and really dont see a need to run on more then two per PC at one time .

and now have 5 PC's i use in EQ . !! \

not sure What to do now if i have go to desktop everytime i neeed something form one of the nine acounts i have .

it ones not up on a PC all really :))

IT did stop for me:))

but will say if i did swith to many times in one nite it would crash.

but not like it is now, every time i logg to siwth to any other acount it happens now. or just log off for the nite. and havnt swithed any acounts at all and had just those six acounts up till i loged those three PC 's

now its like it was after gates :)) till driver ver 61.77 came out , but its even happening with my ati card now with just one acount up.

but it's just with WinEQ 2.0 . if there is log or something i can post let me know i will:

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:41 am

All I can tell you is I tested on the test server without WinEQ and got the same exact problem. Without WinEQ, all you have to do is log in, log out, log in, log out, log in, log out, and you've crashed (or, you may see the "ResetDevice failed" message or a black screen instead. same exact issue). Even if you managed to not crash, you've lost huge amounts of RAM by logging in and out without closing EQ all the way, 20-40mb every time you go back out to server select.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

ok

Post by toptek » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:58 am

IS there anyway you can make it so it by paases the sever sceen and just goes to were i can swith acounts is all i really want to do . i only play on one server.

something strange just happen why i dont no it went right were i can swith acouts or log off the game by pased the server screemn all to gethter. i wish it would do that all the time. ill bit that would take care of the memory problem to :))

and

just ask us at log on wihch server and give us the option of hanvig the server screen come back at log out . etc. :))

ONCE we log on our server til we log for the nite .

but not sure if you can do that or how EQ would look at that :)) . ill even bet lot of player's here now would love it .

going to EQ it self is like puling teeeth.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

ok

Post by toptek » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:59 pm

Ill try to explan what i mean by gettting this error a liite bettter . i no its a EQ Problem and i no it if i log to much ill get it i stated that .

but this is getting worse now ill going back to WINEQ 1.38 . i love WinEQ 2.0 but it's now to the point . im crusjhing to much to live with it and not just at loging .

sorry .

but ill keep an eye out keep it on my system and try it evey now then.

thanks thu. :)))

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:05 pm

Once again every time you log out and back in without closing EQ entirely, you're leaking memory even if it doesn't crash... it's bad to do that until they fix the bug.

I can try to work around it the same way WinEQ 1.38 works around it, but I cant guarantee anything.