Cancel my free sub please

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

xemitel
GamingTools Subscriber

Cancel my free sub please

Post by xemitel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 am

Please cancel my free sub ASAP. Since getting it, I'm experiencing LOT's of screen flicker and lag that I am not experiencing with running EQ by itself. I also didn't have problems with this using WinEQ2 prior to this.

With all that I have going on in RL, messing with and adjusting settings that have worked for a long time (ever) is not desired as it takes away from gaming. I don't desire learning something else related to stress-relief time that I have (and I don't have much of it).

Thanks for understanding!
Xemitel

xemitel
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by xemitel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 am

By the free sub, I'm meaning the upgrade to pro.

Regards,
Xemitel

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 am

What you're seeing is EQPlayNice's Rendering Limiting feature. What it does is reduce the number of frames the game renders in background instances, bumping up the effective FPS and lowering your CPU usage. You're interpreting the fewer rendered frames as lag, but the game is actually processing faster than it would be otherwise, so for example your other characters will have an easier time auto-following you.

However, it can be annoying to see the flickering (the game's UI renders every frame, but the game world doesn't, so it flickers when the game world finally renders again) so of course you can disable this feature to eliminate your complaints.

In the WinEQ 2 Preferences window, under EQPlayNice, Background, set the "Rendering Limit" to 1 (this setting will be 30 by default). The "Rendering Limiter Mode" should be "1 out of x frames", so this will make it "1 out of 1 frames" meaning it will render every frame.

xemitel
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by xemitel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 pm

I did just that, and still have the graphical lag fest that was not present before the pro trial. I'd like my trial cancelled please.