Blank World EQ1

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

gerbil42
Non-Subscriber

Post by gerbil42 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:15 pm

Nevermind, was a clip plane issue, once you'd fixed the dx9 issues.

ronis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ronis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Lax, everything works PERFECTLY after your patch. The EQ1 world looks as it did before the patch. Textures are back to normal AND the blinking textures are gone.

ronis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ronis » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Through both patches Ive been running perfectly. Im sorry to hear some are not.

ronis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ronis » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Oh, and loading 5 accounts runs smoothly for me so im not getting the error others are reporting.

Sport
GamingTools Subscriber

What are your system stats Ronis?

Post by Sport » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 am

Wow! Five accounts on one rig? Man that has to be a macho machine. I barely get two accounts up but I haven't figured out all the how-to s yet of turning things off to get better performance, both in game and with WEQ.
Do you load up all your accounts on one monitor or split it up on a couple? I have 3 gigs mem, do you think this could be finagled with to get three or four accounts open? (Winxp Pro / AMD64 X2 dual core 3800+ 2.01 GHz) et all. ))
Sport

ronis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ronis » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:59 am

Sport,

Im currently running XP Home 32bit, AMD 4000+ (single core at 2.4ghz) 4GB of RAM and a 8800GTX Video Card. WinEQ2Pro only shows 3072MB of RAM and I cant seem to get around it.

With 3 GB of RAM, I can 3 box with maxed, settings in any zone. If I minimize my settings, I always hit my page file on the 5th account which seriously slows things down - i get a small studder and minor lag when switching between accounts due to page file. In newer zones, I hit my page file on the 4th account and 5 boxing becomes impossible-tho instanced zones do better.

I run on 1 montior and am constantly swapping accounts via the task bar - I dont like tiling - and Im on a Cable Internet connection.

So, depending on your video card, I dont see why you cant run more accounts. I have spoken with Sony EQ Tech Support at length about the in game settings vs out of game settings and learned a few things:

ALL in game settings affect VIDEO MEMORY usage and VIDEO performance.

ALL settings via GAME OPTIONS in the new login process affect SYSTEM MEMORY.

If you can stay off your page file (not run out of RAM) you can box 3-4 easily with your rig, turning all settings down (I turn everything but horses/elemental and MY character models to the LOW setting - otherwise you cant get on a mount).

If you can acquire another 1 GB of RAM (as RAM makes all the difference in EQ) with a 64bit OS you would be sitting FAT. A free trial of WinXP Pro64bit absolutely convinced me to upgrade to a 64bit OS and I love it. I doubt you would regret it. I have had no problems AT ALL with a 64 it os and the extra overhead made all the diff in the world as Outa RAM = outa boxing. Just remember, u have to use the EXACT same RAM that you are using now or risk problems, even RAM from the same manufacturer with different settings can cause problems - so beware.

There is a WinXP Pro 64bit 120 trial that you can download for a free 120 day trial here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bi ... trial.mspx

I suggest you install it on a different partition or different HDD so as not to lose your data - and do this at your own risk.

My trial is up on XPPro64, but Ive got a 64bit OS on the way to satisfy my RAM lust.

Sport
GamingTools Subscriber

Thanx

Post by Sport » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 am

Appreciate the info and the advice. I'll have to shop around for some mem as I have 2 x 1 gig and 2 x 512s to get to my three. I should be able to find 2 x 1 gigs to top this off with. ) Though I don't know how much DDR (PC3200) stuff I'll be able to find as it seems DDR2 is kicking butt. Thanx again. ))
Sport

ronis
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by ronis » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Sport,

I was in the same situation with RAM, 2x1GB and 2x512. It hurt to upgrade. Beware, I didnt see any extra performance on a 32bit system from ading 4 GB vs 3 GB of RAM. This is a windows issue not WinEQ and its well documented having 4 GB of RAM. Also, your video card memory subtracts from the 4 GB limit of 32bit OS. So, research it a bit before making any decisions to buy RAM - I couldnt get past 3072 MB to show up even with a 128MB VC with 4 GB installed.

I run DDR1 pc3200 ram myself and there are plenty out there to chose from and are relatively cheap. Depending on your brand, 2 GB can go for $74 total.

Just make sure you match the brand and specs and you should be set.

Good Luck.

Ron

Wishbringer
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Wishbringer » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:23 am

I have the same issues with the advanced lightning.

It disappeared with the WinEQ2 2007.10.06 patch and worked perfectly, but reappeared with the WinEQ22007.10.08 update. (Especially after pressing ALT+Enter, which I sometimes do to get rid of the "Sloppy mousepointer syndrome" that slows also down graphics alot after some times in gfx intensive zones.

thomas576
GamingTools Subscriber

xp address max

Post by thomas576 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:20 pm

XP 32bit doesn't have the address range to read or address memory over aaprox 3.2 gig, ie. the new 64 bit os has the bits to address more ram :)

cromagnum
GamingTools Subscriber

black gray screen

Post by cromagnum » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 pm

I just starting getting this dreadful black screen when multiboxing, it started for me around january 2008 timeframe, I increased my memory and video cards, happens on both my computers (2 box 2 computers) I have not tried turning off advance lighting but will try that but 2 off my toons will be blind as a bat. both systems are completely different computer, have udated video drivers, problem happens eveyday I play but no know way to case it every time. I am runing aya ui, wineq 2.15 pro everquest 1. have a dell 4700 and a falcon northwest talon computer. windows xp computer. will send update hardware if need.
crom