So, now it's all one big happy mouse??

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Mannwin
GamingTools Subscriber

So, now it's all one big happy mouse??

Post by Mannwin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:15 am

Before this patch, the mouse position in each EQ window was separate from the others. So, if I left my mouse in a certain spot in Window 1 and then alt-tabbed to window 2 (both in Full Screen Mode) and moved the mouse around, when I alt-tabbed back to window one, the mouse would still be where I left it (when I left window 1).

Now, it's all one mouse across all windows. When I move it in one window, that's where it ends up when I flip back to the other windows. I realize this is how Windows work, but I LIKED it the OLD way. When two-boxing, I want my mouse to be where I left it!

Any way we might be able to get this functionality back ?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:45 am

I'll see what I can do to make something optional for you.

Mannwin
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Mannwin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:30 am

Thanks, Lax. That would be awesome!

PatricktheDookie
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by PatricktheDookie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:55 pm

I hear ya on that, I would leave my mouse on top of my hotkey bar and cycle through, using whatever abilities I liked.

The new setup is certainly playable, minus one annoyance. If you use the right mouse buttom to look around on a second or third window, the mouse moves up to the first window when completed. Not an overly big deal, just making you aware if you weren't already.

drynyks
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by drynyks » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:42 pm

A new problem I am having involving the mouse is that in say Everquest when I right click and use the mouse to mouselook things get screwy. Lets say the cursor is right in the middle of my everqest session. Ok now I right click and hold to turn my toon with the mouse. When I release the right click to stop turning my mouse cursor is up at the very top left of my session now and even sometimes off the session completely I think. So every time I right click and hold to mouse look when I let go of the click I have to pull the cursor down. Not a huge deal but somethin you might want to look in to.

PatricktheDookie
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by PatricktheDookie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:50 pm

One more addendum: If I am in-game and I resize my window, it throws off the mouse detection, as if it is still thinking my window is a different size. It's fixable by restarting wineq and setting sizes before getting in-game.

=)

olsolm
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by olsolm » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:37 am

love the new goody like that. i can 5 box easy in mpg and 4 box RS. oO on one computer~ BUT seems 1 char always lags up bad and goes LD :(
Olsolm