crashing

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Omiime
GamingTools Subscriber

crashing

Post by Omiime » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:33 am

everquest 1 live.

kinda gave on wineq2.xx cause crashs so much. Win1.38 runs perfect for days.

I've tried at least 20 different computers, all with different configs. Tho all of them are asus mb, and ati cards.

asus p4c800-e, p4p800-e, p5gd1 , p5ad2-e prem.

ati 9800xt , x700xt , x800xt, x850xt

all have min of 2gig ddr/ddr2 dual channel 400/533

all of sata drives

couple have creative aud 2zs's (sound off in game)

all running xp pro fully patched.
(I have 10 machine of the above configs, tried them all. All are cooled, on UPS)

tried all 15 different ati drivers (could still be the drivers)

When I started to crash alot, first thing I did was test it without MQ.
I only run 2 chars per machine.

sitting in any zone. background session would crash to desktop/char screen ranomly. 5mins to 3hours.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:02 am

"Crashing" to character screen is very different from an actual crash to desktop. That could be caused by MQ2 (EQ actually has a key command built into the client that can be mapped by MQ2 to do that, it's just hidden). "Crashing" to server select is caused by MQ2's or EQPlayNice's memory protection failing. One thing that may be important in your case is that WinEQ 2 loads EQPlayNice by default. You can try disabling that if you haven't.

Post SysInfo.txt, which is found in your WinEQ 2 folder (or it can be opened by bringing up WinEQ 2's game window context menu by shift+right clicking, and selecting Generate System Info). This file gives a summary of your system and certain drivers, running modules, EQ settings, WinEQ settings and EQPlayNice settings, and is the most useful information to us (that's on purpose of course, that our system info file has the most useful info ;) )

That might open some doors to fixes