support for FFXI

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Aalwein
GamingTools Subscriber

support for FFXI

Post by Aalwein » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:29 pm

Searched around and didn't find anything relating to Final Fantasy XI online. Is there going to be support for this game? I know there are other programs out there for windowing FFXI but it would be nice to be able to use WinEQ since I use it for all the other games.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:00 pm

There's only one thing stopping us from supporting FFXI, and that's its input system. I may be able to window it, but hotkeys, etc. may not work 100% correctly (keys bleed).

Additionally, I really don't want to add more games to WinEQ because from our perspective, to do so requires us to basically create a new program each time (note: this is exactly the problem that WinEQ 2.0 was created to solve, but did not), and puts unnecessary extra load on our server... and from a user perspective, to do so slows down application startup (both the WinEQ main program AND the game).

Inner Space, on the other hand, was created to solve the above issues as well as many others, such as...
- There is no possible way with WinEQ to switch window presets without also changing the window position
- WinEQ supports only 1 picture-in-picture window

The only problem currently with IS is that the learning curve is a little higher, so I will probably add some sort of "kit" to the installation that sets up WinEQ-style hotkeys and such.

Aalwein
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Aalwein » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:59 pm

so maybe Inner Space will support FFXI at some point? Either is fine with me I use WinEQ only because that is the norm at this point. If Inner Space is stable for EQ2 I'll switch to that no problem - of course I do use the full screen / normal screen modes hotkeys alot so hopefully inner space will use the same by default.

either way, support for FFXI would be awesome.

btw, here is a link to the windower for FFXI. Maybe you can "borrow" some ideas from it :wink:

http://www.archbell.com/ffxi/index.php? ... t=windower