Blue screens in 1.x and 2.x

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

MrOuija_AK
GamingTools Subscriber

Blue screens in 1.x and 2.x

Post by MrOuija_AK » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:26 pm

I recently upgraded my P3-600 with 768 Megs of RAM to an Athlon 64 3200 with 1 Gig of Ram.

Since then I've been getting blue screens in WinEQ 1.x and 2.x while hydra. no other programs or games seem to have the problem.

The error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THEN_EQUAL

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 pm

Unfortunately I dont have a 64-bit machine to test with :(

Omiime
GamingTools Subscriber

Re: Blue screens in 1.x and 2.x

Post by Omiime » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:21 am

MrOuija_AK wrote:I recently upgraded my P3-600 with 768 Megs of RAM to an Athlon 64 3200 with 1 Gig of Ram.

Since then I've been getting blue screens in WinEQ 1.x and 2.x while hydra. no other programs or games seem to have the problem.

The error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THEN_EQUAL
that error isn't eq or wineq problem.

it's hardware and / or driver problem.

search for IRQL on MS webpage.

/quote

Testing for IRQL Problems
Errors related to IRQL are common and often result in a system crash with the bug check code IRQL_ NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The Windows DDK includes several features that can help you to determine the IRQL at which driver code runs and to find IRQL-related problems:

• Routines and debugger commands that return the current IRQL
• The PAGED_CODE macro
• Forced IRQL checking in Driver Verifier

Best Practices for Drivers
To avoid problems related to thread context and IRQL, adopt these practices:
• Unless you are certain that a driver routine is called in a particular thread context, never make any assumptions about the contents of the user-mode address space.
• Know what driver routines can be called at IRQL>=DISPATCH_LEVEL and understand the restrictions that running at this level places on driver code.
• Store any data that can be accessed at IRQL>=DISPATCH_LEVEL in nonpaged memory. Possible locations are the device extension, a driver-allocated space in nonpaged pool memory, or the kernel-mode stack.
• Use Driver Verifier, the PAGED_CODE macro, and debugger extensions to help find IRQL-related bugs in drivers.
• Test drivers on as many hardware configurations as possible.

/quote

it could be memory, cpu , video, or sound card . Or the drivers for any the above.

Usually see that error when cpu or memory is bad tho. Or when people try to overclock systems.

EQ+WinEQ run fine on amd 64 3400+ with ati x800xt or NV cards (at least on 12 I have )

toptek
Non-Subscriber

memory

Post by toptek » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:18 am

try this for your memory .

http://www.goldmemory.cz/