Able to force the Taskbar to show through WinEQ?

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Venthos
GamingTools Subscriber

Able to force the Taskbar to show through WinEQ?

Post by Venthos » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:00 am

I really like having my taskbar be always on top of all my windows including WinEQ so that I can see things going on. Whether it be someone IM'ing me or hell I just like seeing what windows are up.

Just switched to WinEQ2 today and even read a post I found in search regarding this but still can't figure out how to get this to work.

I'd prefer not to use a custom resolution to skew the graphics as well as messup all my UI's that have compensated for the taskbar that's overlayed for years.

How might I go about fixing this? It's bugging the hell out of my mind not being able to see the taskbar.

Thanks,

-Venthos

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:25 pm

The funny thing about WinEQ 2.0 Pro vs other windowing methods is... the others really do distort your window when playing at the same resolution as your desktop, ever so slightly smaller. WinEQ 2.0 Pro doesn't. To be the same as WinEQ 1.38, EQWindows, or even EQ's windowed mode, you MUST scale the window down slightly. (Feel free to take windows screenshots to compare)

What you may want to do is select the in-game resolution that is the size of your desktop minus the taskbar. You'll have to fix your windows in EQ to be placed where you want them again, but you will have absolutely no distortion.