Numpad issues, global activation gripe, taskbar select probs

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

Delone
Non-Subscriber

Numpad issues, global activation gripe, taskbar select probs

Post by Delone » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:54 am

I'm used to using the nupad keys for switching sessions and am now having some issues under WinEQ 2.0:
With the Numlock key on, number keys dont work (the opposite of what used to happen in 1.xx), and with the numlock key off, the normal arrow keys or other keys used on the numpad (home, end, etc) will then switch between sessions when they are pressed. With EQwindows having numlock either on or off made no difference to how these keys work, and there was no crossover between the number pad and the other key fuctions regardless of the position of the numlock key, and I'd love to see this funtionality available here.

I find the fact that global activation keys are not allocated to a particular profile but rather to the session start order a major pain... if one of my clients running crashes and i have to reload in a different order, I either have to get used to my activation keys now being wrong for the session in which I'm trying to change to, or have to close down all sessions and restart in the same order as I'm used to to get them back the way I want them.

With the mouse released, I find that if I use the taskbar to select the session I want to go to is not working very well - I first have to click on the session i want, the mouse will pop to the position of the cursor inside the window of the session i selected, but not change to that session fully, and i then have to move the mouse back to the task bar and select the session again before it will come to being the active session (ie given foreground rendering by eqplaynice).

Finally, (I know, talk about complain, hehe) I find the fact that window size in now scaled only rather than custom resolution to be a loss to why I use the product - with 1.xx I ran my sessions full screen width but with a narrow strip at the bottom of screen showing the desktop, allowing me to position other windows so that i could see what was in them while eq was in the foreground, scaling now means that I cant run my windows at full screen width and still do this but have to leave strips at both top and bottom of the screen to do the same thing. Not really a problem, but hey while I'm posting I might as well say it :)

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:15 am

I'll look into the num lock thing and the mouse activation thing. I agree with the global activation thing, and I'll add a way to set a key specifically for each profile like WinEQ 1.xx used (and it will be AUTO by default).

As far as the last thing though.. it works almost identical to the way WinEQ 1.38 works. The only difference is that instead of selecting a height ,you select a scale. 1.38 allowed you to only select a height, and then the width would be calculated based on the height. Now, you select a scale and the height AND width are calculated. So whatever (WINDOW HEIGHT/GAME RESOLUTION) was that you used in WinEQ 1.38, could be the exact scale factor you use in 2.0, and the window would look 100% the same. Additionally, there are 17 custom resolutions added to the in-game list (ALT+O, Display, Video Modes). If one is not there that suits you, feel free to request one.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:49 am

Num lock issue: I made this work the same as in 1.38 for next release. I will consider making it work regardless of the state of num lock, but some people actually use those keys as arrow keys :?

Global activation hotkeys: Added option for per-profile. AUTO by default.

Taskbar window selection: I'm trying to find a way to make this work and still have the options/account/etc buttons work. Unfortunately making one work kills the other, so I'm working on it ;)

Delone
Non-Subscriber

Post by Delone » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:47 pm

The difference with the scaling seems to be that it is scaling the size of the drawn window, not including the title bar now? At a resolution of 1290 by 960 with the scale set to 1, my title bar is now off the top of the screen if the drawn area is made to fit to the screen area - previously it would fit on screen with the tilte bar showing and i would just slide the title bar to be mostly off screen to give my self a small strip at bottom of screen where i could view items in the background.

After using 2.0 more, I've actually found that the keys such as the arrows, page up/down, home/end will change my session regardless of what position the numlock key is in, which if different to 1.xx.
e.g: if i set one session to Num 9 for my global activation, using the page up key on the keyboard will flip me to that session instead of making me look up/down in my current session, regardless of whether numlock is on or off.

Further note on the taskbar switching, its not just session that you have to hit twice to change to, its everything.... release mouse, select browser on taskbar - session you were in goes to background process rendering, but stays "on top" and the mouse cursor pops to the spot on the session screen where it was released, but mouse control is not grabbed, so then have to move down to taskbar and select browser again to bring it to foreground.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:21 pm

Yes it is scaling the size of the visible window, not including the title bar. WinEQ 2.0 Pro also allows larger than desktop windows without automatically scaling them down. You can still use a custom in-game resolution that is basically the size of your screen minus the taskbar. A lot of people seem to like that.

As far as the task switching via the taskbar, the problem was EQ trying to keep focus after losing it. It's fixed in the next release

Thanks for the reports