Yet more taskbar gripes!

WinEQ 2.0 Pro discussion and support

Moderators: Lavish Software Team, Moderators

TrippyTom
Non-Subscriber

Yet more taskbar gripes!

Post by TrippyTom » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:06 pm

In Windows 2000 and XP, the Windows Taskbar is never hidden by a resizable window that has a caption. Because WinEQ allows resizing, this is an issue in WinEQ that was not experienced in EQWindows (which does not allow resizing). The solution? Simple. Lock window size! That's it.

WinEQ Lite users do not have to change any settings, the WinEQ Lite 1.16 data on our server has been updated so that the window should be on top of the task bar.

WinEQ Pro users who wish to use Normal mode and keep the window above the task bar simply need to lock the window size as mentioned above, or use Full Screen emulation.
This is still not working.

I have the pro version, told it to lock and it still behaves strangely. The taskbar is not going under the window (i like to have it visible when I alt-tab to other sessions) AND the mouse is now not appearing when I switch to internet explorer or other sessions.

HELLLLP!
Stars, hide your fires! Let not light see my black and deep desires...

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:41 pm

Do you want the taskbar on top or not?

DO WANT IT: WinEQ provides a game resolution that is equal to the size of your desktop minus the taskbar, so you can use that first of all. If you dont want to do that, you can position the window slightly upward from its default. Most people do NOT want the taskbar on top of the window, and the defaults put the taskbar below.

DONT WANT IT: It should be hidden by default, but if its not you can either use full screen emulation or move the window slightly downward.

TrippyTom
Non-Subscriber

Post by TrippyTom » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:23 pm

Well, my taskbar is two lines high.. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my problems, but it seems to be hiding now. I played with so many settings I'm not sure which one did it.

I'm still having the mouse issue though when toggling to other windows.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:34 pm

As far as the mouse thing goes... can you uninstall your video card drivers and then install them again (this has helped some others...)? I cant think of any reasons why the mouse would have no cursor in internet explorer, etc. What point are you switching to them and not having the mouse?

TrippyTom
Non-Subscriber

Post by TrippyTom » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:15 pm

well, it's happening at random times, it seems.... the only thing i can link it to is perhaps video memory. It just happened again and i'm only running 1 session and it says i only have 39% left!

God damn sony isn't planning on "fixing" their huge memory leak either cuz they don't want people 2boxing. God that pisses me off.

I will try what you suggested and report back later.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:27 pm

The memory leak has nothing to do with 2 boxing really...