Uhm

General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

Xlabikx
Non-Subscriber

Uhm

Post by Xlabikx » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:19 pm

Why do we all of a sudden have to pay for eqplaynice to get the FPS meter? especially since it suppossedly automatically updates itself? I've been using it for almost a year now, and its an outrage that we have to pay for something like this.

I've told and brought many friends to use Eqplaynice, but making us pay for features i don't like. You're ruining it for us for something that should already come with everquest.

/sigh

Hannibal
Site Admin

Post by Hannibal » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:22 pm

Last time I checked, Lax wasn't on Sony's payroll.

The free version 'fixes' what Sony should have put in, the Pro version allows you to change background render rates to assist in multiboxxing. The FPS meter is just a fancy, it doesn't add anything to the gameplay.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:22 pm

Wait wait.. you want me to keep updating EQPlayNice for free for 10,000 some freeloades every patch, when I don't play EQ? You want to ruin my life in order to make yours a little better? Would you rather I stopped developing EQPlayNice, WinEQ, not to mention new products being added to the same subscription as EQPlayNice, or would you rather keep receiving free software because people subscribe to the service?

DPayen
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by DPayen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:34 pm

First off, I don't have the experience or background of many of ya'll posting here in the various forums. I've only been using EQPN for about a week. but when I did start using it, I was finally able to multi-box the way I used too before many of the latest enhancements from sony. Needless to say, I'm tickled.

I can't believe so many seem disgruntled over having to pay a small fee for the upkeep and constant upgrading of such a useful tool. $36 a year is what, 3 bucks a month? To let me enjoy EQ like I used to? where do I sign up?!? Oh wait I already did :lol:

I still prefer EQW to WinEQ, but I'm keeping an eye on that tool as well. It will be nice when WinEQ wins that battle and both my tools fall under the same umbrella.

Thanks Lax!

Xarrais
Non-Subscriber

Post by Xarrais » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:48 pm

bait and switch marketing people don't like it it builds resentment to the product. I can understand why you did do it but I still hate it.

I can 2 box on 1 comp np without EQplaynice with it I get a slight benifit I too told many people on my server about it and highly endorsed it now I feel bad for doing so.

bye bye first and last time coming here
Last edited by Xarrais on Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:49 pm

Do what you please, the free EQPlayNice is currently exactly the same as it was 2 months ago before the rendering limiter was implemented. Good luck to you.

Pest Control
Non-Subscriber

Post by Pest Control » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:12 pm

:roll:

A hotdog cart stand owner tells his customers he hates hotdogs now. He doesn't eat them any longer.

He used to eat his products but now he just loves to create the meals for his customers.

He is even so nice as to give free hotdogs to a majority of his customers.

Soon the stress from his better job and personal life bring him to confess to his customers that he may have to charge everyone for extra relish, tomatos, and other fancy toppings. He gives them notice that he can not keep up the charity for long perhaps.

His customers can still have the plain, original hotdogs for free he always served.

The time comes when after repeated notices of help to those customers that enjoy his free hotdogs.

For what ever reason those customers can't or will not help out the cart owner.

The free meal customers come complaining once the hotdog cart owner starts charging for all the extras. He STILL gives out the old-fashioned, plain hotdogs for free though.

The free hotdog customers still complain.

Xlabikx
Non-Subscriber

sd

Post by Xlabikx » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:52 am

Not to mention i get client crash with eqplaynice now every hour or two.

Woot.